“Good BBQ”

Shawn's Smokehouse BBQ Company
Ranked #4 of 112 Restaurants in Culpeper
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

First time visit, ordered the two meat plate. Burnt ends and pulled pork. The coleslaw was great, I could tell the cornbread have been warmed up in the microwave, that was the only drawback everything else was fantastic highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

My moist and tender Burnt Tips were excellent and the smoky Pulled Pork was just as tasty with no fat. They offer six BBQ sauce choices to meet everybody’s needs. Their Mac 'n Cheese and Cole Slaw were good too, but their seasoned fries were too salty for my taste. The Two Meat Plate with 2 Sides was too much to eat for lunch for me. Definitely worthy of a return visit. Shawn's is located in a strip mall just west of downtown Culpeper.

1  Thank 50StateVisitor
Reviewed 19 September 2018

We were brought here by a friend. Ordered and paid at the counter, then food was brought out to our table. Fast service. Delicious Food. Great prices.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

I have eaten here several times over the last few years. It is my family's go-to place for late lunch or early dinner on the way home from Shenandoah National Park. I have brought work colleagues here for lunch. I lived in Texas for almost 7 years and Shawn's has by far the best brisket outside of Texas (or at least in Virginia). The variety of sauces is very good. The coconut slaw is awesome, we attempted to re-create the recipe at home. All the sides I've tried are very good such as the fries and pasta salad. My only issue with the beans is that I was expecting Texas ranch-style beans, but they tasted more like Boston baked beans.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

For some reason this is a popular place in Culpeper. I've been nothing but disappointed. The ribs are very fatty and not rubbed enough. The cost will break the bank when you're trying to feed a family of 3-6. There are better options in town. I won't name them, but they're not too hard to find. BBQ should be a cheap dinner, and you should feel at home. Trying to eat a dinner plate, with even a half rack of ribs, costs more than a whole meal at one of the fancy places on Davis Street. The atmosphere seems a bit too commercial. Also, when I have shelled out, I've never been impressed with the quality of meat. We're talking ribs with a lot of fat. I've tried a few times and hoped that things would be improved, but I think I'm done trying.