“The fest Indian food in the region”
Review of Taste of India - CLOSED

Taste of India
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 18
Reviewed 9 April 2017

The fresh baked naan I've is the best I've ever had. The food is excellent. The spice mixes are made from scratch from real ingredients, so their dishes are authentically Indian. If you're a fan of Indian food, this restaurant does not disappoint.

1  Thank Owen Y

Reviewed 2 April 2017

This gem of a restaurant is just one block off popular East Davis Street in Culpeper, and because of that, I think a lot of folks overlook it. I went for lunch with my mother and we both loved the lunch buffet. At only $8.95 or so 7 days a week, it is a steal. Three kinds of chicken dishes, including tandoori chicken, many vegetable dishes, naan bread, salad, pickles and more. Having been there only once, I don't know if they change the buffet items from day to day, but I can't wait to go back and bring my husband and children with me.

1  Thank Debra A
Reviewed 31 March 2017

I am so happy to have discovered this wonderful Indian restaurant. The food was delicious, service outstanding and the decor is charming. I have to say the tandori chicken is the best ever...and I'm looking forward to trying more of their dishes (which will take many visits, as the menu is quite extensive).

1  Thank kathryn w
Reviewed 28 January 2017

My wife and I really enjoyed our meal at this restaurant. The service was outstanding and the food was great. It was a pleasant find. We intend to come back next time we are in Culpepper, VA.

1  Thank Jack M
Reviewed 12 January 2017

The decor of this place is not 'high end Indian Food' - more a bit of run down diner. That being said, I don't go to eateries for their furnishings I go for the food. Like most cuisine places, I have some dishes that are touchstones when I go there. In the case of Indian, its the Paratha, Chicken Tikka Masala, Palak Paneer, Naan, Butter Chicken, Aloo Gobi, Ki Tikki, and Matar.

Fortunately, this place has a lunch buffet - they change the dishes every day, and over the course of a week (once I found it, I ate there every day for a week...) Had all of those dishes and they were as good as I have had in any Indian place I've been to.

Lastly - the cost - less than I usually spend at a McDonalds. ~$10 for the all you can eat buffet at lunch.