“Great stop for a quick but not fast lunch.”

Luigi's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 113 Restaurants in Culpeper
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Very good Italian food and not just a pizza place. Prompt service and delicious food. We told the waitress we needed to make it to an appointment and she said no problem. She worked with the kitchen to make sure the food was served in plenty of time.
Baked ziti was wonderful and full of flavor and the white pizza with eggplant was special.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We had to go to Culpeper for some errands and my husband was interested in trying some place new. So we tried Luigi's. We started with soup and then he had chicken parmesan and a side of meatballs. I had the smoked chicken ravioli in a cream sauce. The waiter was fantastic about substituting penne for spaghetti on my husband's chicken parmesan. He enjoyed it but it threw him a bit that the chicken parmesan wasn't breaded, it was the first time either of us had had it that way. Not bad, just different. My ravioli was great as were his side of meatballs. Honestly, the only thing that seemed to be a complete miss was the chicken noodle soup, which really didn't have much flavor at all.
We're planning on giving it another try in the future before adding it to our regular rotation.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Pros - service was prompt and friendly. Looked like a standard East Coast Italian joint plunked down in a small Southern town. What could go wrong?

Cons - Calamari was fishy tasting and didn't have the real crunchy coating we have had in many big-city joints. The pre-requisite, free, bread was just sliced grocery store stuff, soaked in some oily topping, no garlic. Guys, you have a pizza oven, bake your own ciabatta, serve it with EVOO for dipping. Good bread isn't that hard to do. You cannot dip your own here because it comes already soaked in something.

I had the tortillini with cream sauce. Good portion size but the sauce, pretty thin and drippy, was so salty I worried about my blood pressure. My companion had fettuccine with chicken and some veggies, also in a cream sauce. The chicken was tough and chewy, like some poor cut of steak. The cream sauce, though not as salty as the tortillini, was bland, no hint of nutmeg or other flavor.

Finally, the table top was sticky.

The place was fairly full, the pizza looked good, but the cream sauce dishes and the calamari won't get a second chance. We will try some dishes from the red side of the menu but I have my doubts. Will update after some more experience.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 22 July 2018

My wife and I decided to visit this restaurant in Culpeper, VA for a change. We were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant was not crowded, the food was good and service excellent. Prices are average. I had the lasagna and my wife had ziti. Both were very good.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 19 July 2018

There is plenty of room to relax and enjoy talking in a group. The food was very good even though we ordered a variety of dishes. Service was thoughtful and not interfering.
A very pleasant evening.