“A Hairy Situation!!”

Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn on numerous occasions and have not had any issues. However, after my most recent stays at this hotel I will never stay here again. During my stay between the 21st and 24th of August I found several large black hairs underneath the room’s seat cushion. I attached a photo of the hair I found. I emailed the General Manager, Roshan Patel, on the 21st of August about the hair. Not surprisingly he never responded to my email and it took two days to have the hair removed. During my stay this week on Monday night a large group of hotel guests were gathered outside in the patio area. This group was extremely loud and I was not able to sleep thanks to the noise they were making. I called the front desk at 11:45 pm and spoke to Wanda who said she would address the issue. I emailed the General Manager again to find out why the hotel management allowed this type of disruptive and disturbing behavior to occur at his hotel and rather than provide any solutions to the issue I brought to his attention, he stated “I am humbly requesting you to make alternate lodging arrangements the next time you are in the Colonial Heights Area.” Apparently the management at the Colonial Heights Holiday Inn does not believe in offering solutions to issues that are brought to their attention. Based on my most recent stays at this Holiday Inn I will take my business elsewhere and recommend that you do the same.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Hi Shrek1,

Thank you for staying with us and for bringing your concern to our attention. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further and have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
IHGService

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for the night while on a roadtrip. The room was spacious and clean. Comfty beds. Just what we needed. Near several restaurants and shops. The hotel has a pool but we didn't use it. Friendly staff.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Hi Birgitte O,

Warm greetings from Holiday Inn Petersburg North- Fort Lee, VA. Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention and I am glad to read that your stay was comfortable. Thank you as well for noting our friendly staff and clean rooms. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing.

Thank you for the three out of five stars rating, we hope to earn those extra two stars with your next visit.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Right off of I-95 in the concrete jungle and surrounded by all kinds of dining options "if" you want to venture into the mall/shopping center complexes. I went to the nearby Wal-Mart and bought my goods. Nice spacious clean quiet room with ample parking at the hotel. The front desk was staffed with one person on the way in who was swamped. Ridiculous. On the way out I couldn't find a soul to say goodbye to and just checked out on my Holiday Inn app. Great comfortable stay but pretty sad on the personal guest interaction. Good price, nice clean comfortable room.

Room Tip: Face the front if you want to check on your vehicle
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear RoadTripper516,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to know you liked the convenient location of our hotel in the area and the room you received. On the other hand, I am sorry that the service you received was not 100% satisfactory. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. Thank you for staying and I hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Recently stayed here and still dealing with the horrible experience. I payed for the hotel through Priceline and was told I would have to leave a $25 security deposit. On top of the $25 the hotel charged me nearly $400 AFTER I checked out. I couldn't get my car out of storage or pay for things I needed. The hotel has given me no explanation besides a "system error" and the manager is avoiding my calls. I've called multiple times everyday and still have not been given a call back from management. The closest thing I've gotten back resembling remorse is "you will get it back in 3-5 days". DO NOT TRUST THIS HOTEL.

Stayed: June 2017

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the billing issues you have encountered during your stay with us. We'd like to obtain additional detail about your experience, but unfortunately due to site restrictions we are unable to reach you privately. Please contact the General Manager at the phone number listed on our hotel's home page. Nevertheless, this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that I have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Great hotel..close to fort lee army base..found something in my room I didn't want to find but was moved to another room within 10 minutes no hassle and given a food voucher to compensate for the problem in the previous room. Reasonable prices for the rooms..even better price if you're an IHG member.. does not have free breakfast but does have a restaurant with reasonable prices and the food is great.. also for a couple extra dollars you can receive vouchers for a $10 value for breakfast from their restaurant.. quiet spacious a lot of channels..the staff is great..good conversation..gives water and a snack while waiting for ride.. :)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark...
#2 of 8 in Colonial Heights
0.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights
6.2 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
11.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee
7.5 km away
Comfort Inn South Chesterfield - Colonial Heights
Comfort Inn South Chesterfield -...
#4 of 8 in Colonial Heights

Been to Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK