“was hungry”

Cuisines: Japanese
Description: The building used to be a Fazoli's
Description: The building used to be a Fazoli's
Reviewed 8 November 2016

walked out the back door of my motel and there it was. they had great food will go back there again, loved it

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We knew the quality of food probably so so when we checked out the menu, entrees were inexpensive (for a Japanese restaurant). We tried different bento boxes which came with miso soup and salad. The miso soup was like clear broth with a few small pieces of scallions and mushrooms not really miso soup. Salads were soaked with ginger dressing (which did not taste like ginger at all) and we could not eat most of them. Tempura and sashimi were okay but not great. They served plain fried rice with bento boxes which normally should come with sushi rice. Services were below par but to be honest they were swamped that night. All in all you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Sakura runs the gamut from simple sushi and sashimi through fried rice and tempura and on through special sushi rolls, hibachi entrees and combination plates. If you want a combination not listed on the menu, don't hesitate to ask. The service is quick and careful (you may have to be a little patient trying to understand servers who don't speak English as their first language.) Wash it all down (if you can hold it all) with hot tea. Use chop sticks. Enjoy stepping just a bit out of your comfort zone without having to travel far to do it.

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

Tonight we took our Indiana teenage food critics for their very first visit to Sakura. They left unimpressed and wanting to know why I wasted my money.

The food concept is wonderful but a person orders a entree for it to be tasty and fulfilling. Perhaps better cooks with a certain degree of food knowledge is needed in the kitchen.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

We (2 of us) were in town for VT Graduation. As he was tired from the 7 hour drive, I went and found this place , which is not far from the Hampton Inn.
I had sobe noodles, a sushi roll that was as big as a large cucumber , chicken teriyaki and 2 miso soups
There was enough food for 4 people easily.
The sushi roll was of a concoction of crab , avocado egg, cream cheese . I never had such a combination, and it was good. I would def have it again.
My companion liked the soup , but isn't a fan of Japanese food (oops, my bad!) So I ended up with Sakura for breakfast and lunch the next day.