“You'll Never Leave Empty!”
Review of Sakura

Sakura
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: The building used to be a Fazoli's
Description: The building used to be a Fazoli's
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Sakura runs the gamut from simple sushi and sashimi through fried rice and tempura and on through special sushi rolls, hibachi entrees and combination plates. If you want a combination not listed on the menu, don't hesitate to ask. The service is quick and careful (you may have to be a little patient trying to understand servers who don't speak English as their first language.) Wash it all down (if you can hold it all) with hot tea. Use chop sticks. Enjoy stepping just a bit out of your comfort zone without having to travel far to do it.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

Tonight we took our Indiana teenage food critics for their very first visit to Sakura. They left unimpressed and wanting to know why I wasted my money.

The food concept is wonderful but a person orders a entree for it to be tasty and fulfilling. Perhaps better cooks with a certain degree of food knowledge is needed in the kitchen.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 21 May 2016

We (2 of us) were in town for VT Graduation. As he was tired from the 7 hour drive, I went and found this place , which is not far from the Hampton Inn.
I had sobe noodles, a sushi roll that was as big as a large cucumber , chicken teriyaki and 2 miso soups
There was enough food for 4 people easily.
The sushi roll was of a concoction of crab , avocado egg, cream cheese . I never had such a combination, and it was good. I would def have it again.
My companion liked the soup , but isn't a fan of Japanese food (oops, my bad!) So I ended up with Sakura for breakfast and lunch the next day.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Staff was inattentive. Floor was dirty. I didn't touch my food. It looked okay, but the server dropped the utensils on the floor and didn't replace them. I can only imagine what happens in the kitchen.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 18 May 2016

This restaurant has a very interesting menu with many many choices. The food is excellent and you almost get too much to eat for such a very small price. But think twice before using the rest room. Floors were a bit sticky, too.

Date of visit: May 2016