“Home Away from Home”

The Oaks Victorian Inn
Fairfax, Virginia
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I often find time and spots to get away from the hectic Metropolitan D.C area. It was on a normal winter weekend when I arrived at Oaks Victorian Inn. From the moment of entrance, it was home from home. I had the cottage, which is off the main house, to myself. I had full access to the hot tub. Saturday night, solitude, hot-tube, in cold night, it was HEAVENLY! The contrast between hot water & chill air along stars in the sky, it just doesn’t get any better! Next morning I had breakfast with strangers but felt more like new found friends. And the housekeeper Edie was more like an aunt. I will always reflect on my time at the Oaks Victorian Inn fondly. Linda and Bernie are passionate about giving their guests an unforgettable experience and they are very good at it! I hope you will have a chance to experience one like mine.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bonzroc
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Nokesville, Virginia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

When I travel I like to try different places rather than the standard hotel/motel. I have stayed at The Oaks twice now for a total of seven nights. My stay has been great both times. The accommodations are just what you would expect from an old Victorian house and the home is very well maintained. The rooms are large and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast is great as well. I am not a big fan of "all you can eat" meals. The portions are just right and you don't feel like to have to go back to your room to digest your meal. I will be staying here anytime I am in the Christiansburg area. Great job Linda and Bernie!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Theoaksvictorianinn, Owner at The Oaks Victorian Inn, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Chris

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure having you as a guest in our home. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Linda and Bernie
Maryland
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was our first experience with a B&B/Inn And it was very nice I must say. The house was immaculate, everything was spotless. The breakfast wasn't quite what I had expected but it was good none-the-less, just not my cup of tea. I did forget to mention to the hosts that the TV remote in the Bonnie room is useless unless you're > 1 foot from the TV, which was an old 13" tube. I guess people don't go there to watch TV, but a nice inexpensive flat screen would have been nice.

Room Tip: Bonnie is the only room without a bathroom attached to the room, but bathroom that's assigned to...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Theoaksvictorianinn, Owner at The Oaks Victorian Inn, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time for leaving us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your first B&B experience. Sorry you had trouble with your remote, it probably just needed batteries which would have gladly taken care of if you would have mentioned it. When we bought the Inn not quite 2 years ago, all the rooms had 19" televisions none of them flat screen. We have been slowly upgrading each room to a flat screens as finances permit. The room in which you stayed is next on our list. We hope to see you again. Thank you.

Linda and Bernie
Mercersburg
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Our trip to the Oaks was excellent. The rooms were very clean and they took care of my needs for different type of food, which if I may say was excellent.
This is was our second trip to the Oaks and each time it gets better.

Room Tip: All the rooms have different charactor I recommend get on the internet and take a look at them all...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William P
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I cannot find any fault with the Oaks Inn, and the hosts (Bernie & Linda.) It's exactly what a B&B should be: accommodating hosts, nice room, very clean, nice property. Very good breakfast, took care to fulfill my special dietary requests. I would recommend The Oaks to everyone!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank G H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
4.6 km away
10.5 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 14 in Christiansburg

Been to The Oaks Victorian Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK