All reviews front desk king suite traveling south room was clean next morning the breakfast area va tech hot breakfast hotel is located waffles nice stay convenient location cracker barrel staff was very friendly overnight stop great room free breakfast
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Very low water pressure, hot water slow to emerge, towels smell like bleach, trash behind the bedside nightstand. Gross. I recently stayed at another Fairfield Inn that i rated 4 stars. Two strs here is generous compared to the other one.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
FairfieldInnS, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for this feedback. We will share this with the appropriate staff. Please feel free to contact me directly, to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I traveled with me and my family all the way from Cleveland Ohio to stay here. Just for them to screw up my reservation. We had reserved two connecting rooms because we have a 12 year daughter who we like to keep a close eye on. But when we got there we are told that they dont have anymore connecting rooms. My question is why weren't we told ahead of time that they were going to be changes to our reservations before they went ahead and just changed it.I think They thought we would be okay with them just changing it but we really we were not okay with it at all. If they would of told us this before we made a long six hour drive I would have said no thanks just refund me my money. But clearly they dont think ahead like that they expected to just accept what they gave us and not question it. Because we were not compensated for any of our inconveniences. I feel like the least they could of done for us was let us stay there for free since it wasnt our fault they change our rooms and they could of also refunded us our money or gave us a free night at one of the hotels in Cleveland Ohio. That's the least they could of done for us.We were just told there was nothing they can do enjoy your stay... what Horrible and exhausting experience...

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
FairfieldInnS, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Thank you for this feedback. I apologize for your experience. Unfortunately, the hotel only has a select number of rooms that connect. If another guest is in those rooms, we are unable to guarantee them for any guests. Please call me at the hotel directly if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We stayed here just as a place to spend the night while traveling. We found the rooms to be very large, clean, and well appointed. The breakfast had a much larger variety than the usual Fairfield spread, including waffle station, multiple hot dishes, and expanded mixins for oatmeal. Very nice staff, everyone was very helpful!

Thanks for the nice stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
FairfieldInnS, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As a valued guest, we appreciate your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

This hotel is located just off of I-81, which makes it a convenience for overnight travelers. I was in town to go to the VT campus that day, and this hotel is but a moments drive away from it. The hotel is nicely designed, with an impeccably designed lobby. The front desk staff was courteous and welcoming. I stayed in a king suite room, which was very spacious, well laid out, with impeccable cleanliness throughout. I found the room to be comfortable and mostly quiet. The A/C unit was a bit on the noisy side though, thus requiring some earplugs to sleep. Overall though, it was just a minor quibble with an otherwise great room and stay.

This was my first stay at this hotel, and I was pleased. I see future stays ahead on subsequent visits to the area.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
FairfieldInnS, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As a valued guest , we appreciate your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Got a great price with a special promotion from AAA. Quick overnight stop, but loved the breakfast—fantastic fresh fruit—and the jug of ice water at the front desk. Comfy bed and pillows. Ms. Bertha at the front desk was super sweet! First stay at a Fairfield, but this may be my new favorite place to stay!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
FairfieldInnS, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As a valued guest, we appreciate your feedback! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!