“Awful”

Quality Inn Christiansburg
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This would have been a one star review had the staff not made the efforts they did to rectify a multitude of problems. Number one, We booked a room that was to have a king and sleeper sofa. The night staff did bring up two roll aways to help. Instead of the sleeper it had a recliner. Number two, the AC unit sounded like a jackhammer which could be heard in the parking lot. I know because as I was unloading the car, I could hear it quite clearly. Major heat wave in this area and we had to only run the fan. Nothing else to do without maintenance which was not available. Number three, the bathroom was not clean and the shower was awful. Number four, the attendant working breakfast was mean, disrespectful and lacked proper food area etiquette as she first coughed over the waffle makers then as opposed to using the brush which was right in front of her, she cleared the crumbs off of the waffle maker by blowing them off. No joke about this whereas the hotel itself is nothing but a joke.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank magicandbird
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

I have mixed emotions about this Quality Inn. Maybe because of the "award winning" status I expected more. Good points - housekeeping staff very pleasant, fresh baked cookies (most nights), clean room and lobby. Not so good - front desk staff was not so friendly except for one young man (wished I got his name) who was helpful when he was on duty and came fairly quickly to take care of some small ants that were in the bathroom area, the pool was dirty, water wasn't clear with debris in the pool. The whirlpool was horrible with dirty water and it wasn't very hot at all barely 96 degrees. I had mixed emotions about the motel setup but worked out well for us.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We were heading southward desperately looking for a room. It is Sunday night, and we figured it would not be hard to find a room for the night. We were so wrong! There were no rooms to be had in Staunton or Roanoke, and we kept thinking we were going to have to drive all the way to our home in southern North Carolina and would not be home until 11:00 p.m. I searched Trip Advisor and found this Quality Inn and was relieved to find that they had a few rooms left. I booked it while we were going down the Interstate.

We were greeted by a banner that announced we had arrived at an award-winning inn, which pleased me greatly. The room has nice, clean carpeting and furniture. The bathroom looks fine. I was told when I made the reservation that the bed would be a queen bed, although my husband thought it might be a little smaller when he saw it. My husband said he would have liked a firmer bed, although it is fine for me. There were freshly made cookies in the lobby, along with milk and coffee. The cookies were quite tasty. There is a pool here, but we decided not to use it because we arrived a bit late to use it. The TV is better than that of many inns. It is a 32-inch flat-screen TV. There is a good selection of programs.

We are on our way to the Blue Ridge Parkway tomorrow and are glad we came here.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karoleigh
Reviewed 1 July 2012

This is a decent hotel, although room was small, but it was well appointed and clean. The bed was comfortable, and the location adjacent to Cracker Barrel is convenient. Check in was very quick and easy. This was a good value, and I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ed R
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed at the Quality Inn in Christiansburg for one evening. I had read very positive reviews and was not disappointed.

Check in was quick. I barely had time to pour a cup of coffee before my wife told me that she had the keys.

The room was great, two double beds (it would be a stretch to call them queen size). The room appears to have been recently remodeled. Everything was clean and in working order. The shower had excellent water pressure.

The only drawback was breakfast. I would have preferred some loose scrambled eggs instead of rubbery egg discs. My wife went to make a waffle and was rudely told by one of the women tending the breakfast area that she would make it for her. We heard this same woman speak rudely to several guests. Not sure what the issue is with the waffle maker, but if your policy is that guests should not operate the unit, post a sign saying so and work on your manners.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank VirginiaTravlnMan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
15.1 km away
0.2 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Christiansburg
6.4 km away
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Been to Quality Inn Christiansburg? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK