Motel comprised of three two storey blocks with outside access. The fact that it had recently changed its branding from Quality to Rodeway suggested it was a little in decline. Exterior and interior was in need of repair and refurbishment and it had a generally worn appearance - possibly from recent storms, but likely more long-standing. Room 131 was adequate - clean, but shabby - with King bed, TV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer and air-con (it also had opening windows - but these had defective insect screens and very stiff opening mechanism) There was guest laundry available, but only one each washer and dryer were serviceable. Other guests tended to congregate on the verandah outside their rooms - both on the ground floor and upstairs - resulting in some noise nuisance. Breakfast room was totally inadequate for the size of the motel (90+ rooms), with only space to seat about 12 persons. Breakfast was just adequate with choice of 2 juices, 2 cereals, waffles, other hot items (eggs?), and pastries. Compared to other hotels visited on this trip (Sep 2011) it was somewhat over-priced - although this may reflect the location on a barrier island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rodeway Inn, a hotel in Chincoteague VA near Assateague Island National SeashoreIdeally located in the center of town, the Rodeway Inn(R) hotel offers easy access to many exciting things to do and see. This Chincoteague, VA hotel is close to the Oyster and Maritime Museum, the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, the Assateague Lighthouse and the NASA Visitor Center, Wallops Flight Facility. Assateague Island National Seashore is an amazing destination, offering pristine beaches and plenty of activities like swimming, surfing, shell collecting, biking, hiking, fishing and much more. During your visit, keep your eyes peeled for some of the island's beautiful wild horses. You won't know what to do first in this charming, seaside town: rent a bicycle, scooter or boat, or take a stroll through town and enjoy the many specialty shops, art galleries and restaurants. The local seasonal Island Trolley offers transportation around the area and is easily accessible from the hotel. This Chincoteague, VA hotel offers fabulous amenities and features, including: •Free continental breakfast with hot items & free coffee •Free wireless high-speed Internet access •Free local calls •Seasonal outdoor pool After a busy day of work or play, enjoy our picnic area with barbecue grills. Business travelers to this Virginia hotel will welcome additional conveniences like the on-site business center and access to copy services. All spacious guest rooms come equipped with microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Non-smoking rooms are offered. Be sure to ask about our cozy, cedar-lined cabin rooms. Ample parking and laundry facilities are provided on the premises for added guest convenience. The next time your travels bring you to the beautiful Virginia Eastern shore, the Rodeway Inn hotel in Chincoteague offers you everything you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Quality Inn Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague Island Quality Inn