“Don't even consider it” 1 of 5 bubbles

Chincoteague Inn
York, Pennsylvania
“Don't even consider it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

My boyfriend and I booked a couple nights at Chincoteague Inn and when we arrived, first off, they charged us full price even though we had already paid our deposit. They said that they didn't..even though we had a bank statement... We had paid for a NON-smoking room, we get into the FIRST room and right outside the door is a bucket FULL of cigarettes, the room's smell was unbearable and musty. We then asked for a different room. The SECOND room was even worse, there was an ash tray and an awfully strong odor of mold or musk. So then they gave us a twin bedroom and said we could move into another room the next day.. no that's not how we're spending our vacation. That THIRD room was just as bad. We told them we did not want to stay there anymore and wanted our money back. They told us "no refunds for checking out early" ..they gave us THREE different rooms and we hadn't even moved our bags into any of them. I barely consider this checking in. I asked to speak with a manager..of course not present or within reach. It took the girl 15 minutes find the "assistant manager" ( whom I had recently just saw sneaking around the side of the building with two other young men). This assistant manager presented herself with an "epic fail" necklace and about three different colors of neon pink, purple, and yellow in her hair. And no name tag or anything stating that she even worked there. All she did was tell us the same thing, ABSOLUTELY NO HELP AT ALL AND NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I then asked to speak to the owner and she responded "he won't be in for awhile." THIS PLACE IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING AND RUN DOWN.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Kayla R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
adirondack mountains
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

our room was decent,it was clean,no bugs, the fridge,microwave,and tv worked well and the ac unit worked great,as it was 90* out. but this place definitely needs some deep cleaning and attention to detail. they never emptied the trash in the stairway in the 4 days we were there,nor did they vaccuum or clean any of the nasty cob webs and dead bugs in the walkways.the pool was nice and clean and well maintained and our family enjoyed it with their nice gazebo next to it. they have a nice backyard if you want to play volleyball and a pavillion with stove and fridge- but all this was nasty too! It was too bad that all was let go,we would have enjoyed it if it wasn't such a turn off.On the positive note, this motel is in a great location next to some nice shops and we walked to the BEST ice cream place-The Island Creamery.The trolly stops right by this motel in the evening,making for a nice conveinance.The maids were nice and always made sure we had plenty of clean towels,soap and shampoo.Stay here if you are on a budget,want a clean room, and the kids want a nice pool to play in,but don't expect perfection! oh, and bring your own clock,as like another reveiwer's, the one in our room didn't work either!

Room Tip: stay in a room facing the pool
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank WildPonyFan
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

My family and I stayed at the Chincoteague Inn Motel for Pony Penning and it was SO nice!! I was a little worried because of other reviews, but I should not have been. The motel was very clean and the staff was super nice and helpful. Nothing fancy, but we did not want fancy. The pool was wonderful and our 3 children loved it! I made reservation to stay there again in October AND we made next summers reservations!

Room Tip: we liked 3rd floor front
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank leprechauneyes
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

The whole building was run down and dirty. When got to our room the door was unlocked, turned out that the door was broken and could not be locked. The room smelled like mildew and something musky. The carpets were dirty and there were body hairs on the sheets when I pulled back the cover. When my husband pulled out a hand towel he said a dead cockroach looking thing fell out. They switched our room to another, but it was just as bad.
I finally went to the front desk, the lady working there was obviously in high school and had all her friends in the lobby doing their hair and make-up with her.
I told her that due to my allergies I just cannot stay there, I couldn't breathe! The lady called the manager who was away, who told her to just give me some air freshener. I declined the air freshener knowing that it would not help my breathing issue, and asked for my money back atleast for one day since we had paid for two nights. They would not return our money.
I just returned my keys and we went to the Quality Inn next store. That room seemed like a piece of heaven compared to that youknowwhat hole.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank SarahSJ13

Travellers are raving about these Chincoteague Island hotels

Quakertown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

We were appalled at the condition of this hotel. The floors had dead cockroaches and other strange bugs. The walls and floors were dirty. There was garbage sitting in the hallways and the carpets were disgusting! We would not recommend this hotel if you like cleanliness. They refused to refund our money and we refused to stay.

Room Tip: The Sunrise Motel is clean and comfortable with the best rates on the island.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family