My boyfriend and I booked a couple nights at Chincoteague Inn and when we arrived, first off, they charged us full price even though we had already paid our deposit. They said that they didn't..even though we had a bank statement... We had paid for a NON-smoking room, we get into the FIRST room and right outside the door is a bucket FULL of cigarettes, the room's smell was unbearable and musty. We then asked for a different room. The SECOND room was even worse, there was an ash tray and an awfully strong odor of mold or musk. So then they gave us a twin bedroom and said we could move into another room the next day.. no that's not how we're spending our vacation. That THIRD room was just as bad. We told them we did not want to stay there anymore and wanted our money back. They told us "no refunds for checking out early" ..they gave us THREE different rooms and we hadn't even moved our bags into any of them. I barely consider this checking in. I asked to speak with a manager..of course not present or within reach. It took the girl 15 minutes find the "assistant manager" ( whom I had recently just saw sneaking around the side of the building with two other young men). This assistant manager presented herself with an "epic fail" necklace and about three different colors of neon pink, purple, and yellow in her hair. And no name tag or anything stating that she even worked there. All she did was tell us the same thing, ABSOLUTELY NO HELP AT ALL AND NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I then asked to speak to the owner and she responded "he won't be in for awhile." THIS PLACE IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING AND RUN DOWN.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 70 unit motel, just minutes away from the Assateague Island Beach and Wildlife Refuge, the Inn is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the solitude and the breathtaking sunsets our Island has to offer.Conveniently located at Maddox Blvd. and Deep Hole Road, the Inn is within walking distance of many art galleries, restaurants, shops and the Civic Center. For those that desire a little adventure, deep sea fishing charters are available or take off on a bicycling excursion on one of the many trails available on the Chincoteague and Assateague Islands.We offer modern, spacious, extremely clean accommodations, daily maid service, complimentary coffee and a selection of newspapers.Be our guest as you enjoy our outdoor pool with large surrounding deck & gazebo. A screened pavilion equipped with cooking facilities will accommodate most any gathering, large or small. For those wanting to picnic, we have barbeque grills available as well as a volleyball court. There is ample parking for cars and a designated area for boats and buses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Chincoteague Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chincoteague Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Chincoteague Island Hotel