“Quick, Lot's to Choose, Delicious, Affordable!!”

Famous Pizza Family Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 26 April 2012

On our most recent stay in Chincoteague, I was in the H & H Pharmacy asking the sales person where to get a good salad on the island, when a lady next to me said that she lived on the island, and that the best salad on the island was available at the Famous Pizza Family Restaurant on Maddox Blvd. The lady at the cash register highly agreed with this woman. My wife and I have driven by this Pizza shop dozens of times and never stopped. To our surprise, this is not just any ordinary "Pizza Shop." WHAT A FIND!!!! Their menu is extensive......they have a wonderful menu. We will definitely be returning on our upcoming visit over Labor Day weekend. They have indoor and outdoor seating. I can imagine that this spot will be really crowded in the summertime. I can't wait to try more things on the menu. (the crab-stuffed jalapeno poppers were the best!) And yes, the salad was great! We'll be back!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

On our first visit to Chincoteague, we were starved at 8:30 on an Wednesday night and couldn't find anyone who would take us (AJ's turned us away and they were snotty anyway, so no great loss, and the menu prices there were outrageous anyway), everyone's apparently at McDonalds for some bizarre reason, and this place really fit the bill because we didn't drive to Paradise by the Sea to eat a Big Mac. (Well, my boyfriend may have but I was having none of that! laugh!) Pizza was okay, but I live in NJ so I'm spoiled! Regular country fare was offered as well, at reasonable prices. Very clueless waitstaff, probably a high school girl, very pleasant though so it was all good:) Locals were fun to chat with, I'd definitely come again! I didn't know they served breakfast, and they were right by our hotel...but then I'dve missed my awesome experience at Mr. Baldy's, see my other review:) I'd definitely come back for a basic pizza fix:)

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Not much was open (Monday night out of season) so decided to take a pizza back to our hotel, this was perfectly nice, but nothing out of the ordinary. Good value.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

But I live this place cause its inexpensive, not crowded and so a nice place to go, get a pizza and drink a beer on a summer (or spring)evening.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Every time I visit Chincoteague I make sure to stop by Famous Pizza. The food is great and there is a nice variety of items to choose from. The service is fast and friendly and I love the casual atmosphere.