“Sapori a family restaurant with a flair”
Review of Sapori Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Sapori Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hopewell, Virginia
“Sapori a family restaurant with a flair”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Sapori a family owned restaurant is a great stop for lunch or dinner. The Amato's have created a fabulous dining experience. The Italian flair is incredible and the flavors(Sapori) can only be matched by a trip overseas. Enjoy a romantic night for two or take the entire family, you will enjoy.

• Visited June 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Food is terrible, service is even worse.”
Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

I loved Little Italian Pizza Man and Luca's, (before it was sold.) I have been twice, that was enough for me. Menu aims too high and the servers need a swift kick in the pants.

1 Thank CMT23831
Midlothian, Virginia
“Friendly, authentic & affordable”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Just returned from a group lunch visit. They greeted us at the door and had our table for 12 ready. Fairly extensive lunch menu, 1/2 portions of all the regular dinner entrees as well as soup & sandwich combos. Service was excellent, food came quickly. Everything very fresh and well-prepared, obviously quality ingredients. Chatted with the owner briefly, originally from Sicily, and the flavors and combinations reflect that. He is clearly proud of his creations, and he should be. Hard to find such a variety of authentic, flavorful Italian dishes at such reasonable prices. I'll be back.

• Visited April 2012
Manchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So poor service..manners cost nothing”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My wife and I had a trip to Chester recently and after much looking around we decided to eat at Sapori. We walked in and although the place was busy we waited patiently to be served. However after 10 minutes of standing there not a single waiter had the good manners to acknowledge us. Eventually one of them took us to a table and I made the comment about how long we'd been waiting. (this was so long that the chef had to get the waiter's attention). The rude staff didn't apologise but decided that a sarcastic comment along the lines of 'We're busy you know' would be more appropriate. We quickly decided that no matter how nice the food was meant to be nothing would overcome this initial first impression...it would have taken one quick acknowledgement from a member of staff and we would have been happy waiting...

Needless to say we walked out and with plenty of other nice places to eat we dined elsewhere...

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Brian J
Chester, Virginia
“Never A Disappointment”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

While in search of something new and unique in Chester, I discovered Sapori. My first visit was in January of 2012 on a Sunday afternoon. The service was always 2 steps ahead of me- they greeted me at the door, had me seated, and had water ready before I could say a word. Despite it being an Italian restaurant, I decided to go for their 12oz- grilled ribeye glazed with ginger-wasabi and a teriyaki glaze cooked to a PERFECT medium rare. The dish was extremely appealing, garnished with a flower, and the flavor was absolutely incredible. Due to such a wonderful experience, I returned on multiple occasions for both lunch and dinner and have yet to be disappointed by anything. This restaurant is more than just a restaurant- Sapori is an experience that can't be missed with live music on several occasions, a wide-ranged menu, and a wait staff that is concerned with nothing other than providing excellent service.

• Visited January 2012