Residence Inn by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier
US$ 111
US$ 140
US$ 140
US$ 116
All reviewsfront deskcustomer service was superbextended stay propertykitchen equipmentbedroom suitenice fireplacepool tablefree breakfastgreat breakfast buffetgovernment rateon a daily basisshower pressurenewport newsyogurtqueen sizeice rinkcheck in went smoothly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Clean and recently remodeled. The staff was friendly except the maintenance man. The doors to the workout room and pool were broken. In order to use the bathroom you have to leave these areas and use a room key to re-enter. He kept closing the doors so the kids would have to beat on the door to re enter. Located in on of the busiest areas of Chesapeake expect congestion. However there are plenty of restaurants nearby. The free hot breakfast was good. The jets in the hot tub cannot be adjusted and the pool has to much chlorine.

Room Tip: Upper floor away from the common areas. All rooms are none smoking. They accept pets
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank dannyd256
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear dannyd256,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online. I apologize for the misunderstanding with our maintenance man, as I am sure that he was closing the doors for the safety of our guests. Our location is right off of the interstate, with plenty of restaurants and shopping within a 5 minute or less drive.

I hope the next time you're in the Chesapeake area you will give us a second chance to "WOW" you with our hotel and service.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Check-in went smoothly. The clerk gave exceptional service. Check-out went just as well. The major problem area here is where it counts the most---housekeeping. I checked into room 312. Immediately we notice that the stove was not.clean. There were actual drops of what appeared to be tomato sauce all over the stovetop. We suspect corners had been cut throughout and opted to move to another room. We then checked into 307. That room was much better or so it seemed. One of the bedrooms had a plastic bag covering the smoke detector. I removed it. Later we found trash under the bed in the other bedroom. The rate was $171.00 for that night. I expected it to be clean. Even of you pay less, you deserve to have your room cleaned properly. Apparently the housekeepers are not looking up, down or around anything in these rooms. The layer of dust under around the televions---unreal. The desk clerk apologized when I left and offered points but the experience gets ruined when you can't trust that your room is safe to use. I was promised a call from management. I am still waiting.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Willette B

Dear Willette B,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention. I will be making sure that our General Manager, Joseph Blessing, personally reaches out to apologize for the errors that were made during your stay. I will also make sure to check with our Housekeeping department to see how these service errors were missed.

I hope the next time you're in the Chesapeake area you will give us a second chance to make a wonderful first impression.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

This Hotel is surrounded by large trees and a small lake. The location is perfect to walk to the movie theatre, many restaurants and a shopping center. There is also a
stand alone GYM and Roller skating rink within walking distance. While Virginia is not
the deep south, there is a lazy, easy atmosphere that surrounds this hotel. The staff
is wonderful and when you arrive you can tell they were expecting you, from the Manager Regina Parson, & two of the greatest front desk agents, Marcus and Regine. I was at this extended stay property from April 2nd to mid July 2017, and I was addressed by my name EVERYDAY and EVERY EVENING. I loved my room and everything that Residence Inn promises is what they deliver. I absolutely enjoyed the Managers Mix, and what I liked most was the park like environment. What I liked least
was that animals are welcomed (I am afraid of animals). I will the hotel does have guidelines that must be followed to have a pet on the premises. This is definitely a family property with all the comforts and essentials of home. The offered laundry facilities and dry cleaning services which I used at this property. Breakfast each morning was wonderful with a large variety to choose from. I will definitely stay here on my next work assignment in Chesapeake, VA.

Room Tip: The rooms over the front of the hotel entry overlook a small lake with ducks!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2017

As a frequent Residence Inn guest, I am routinely satisfied with the service I receive at every Residence Inn. However, the branch in Chesapeake is extraordinary for its customer service. From the moment I was checked in by a friendly young gentleman named Markus, to the day before i checked out and Mrs. Chaquondra Williams offered to jump my car when the battery died, I have been impressed with this hotel and its fine staff. Very well done!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank randomhopscotch
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 weeks on a solo business trip. I quickly started calling it "my apartment" instead of "my hotel" because my suite had everything. The kitchen didn't have an oven but did have everything else including a coffee maker (although there was always fresh coffee any time in the lobby). Shower was hot and had good water pressure, bed was cozy with plenty of pillows, and the room was spacious without feeling lonely. Breakfast was hot and ample, plus the free food reception in the evenings. Both delicious. Staff was so sweet. Marcus at the front desk and Ms. Nora were particularly kind and always remembered me. I was actually a little sad to leave.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo