“Very good sushi”
Review of Yama Sushi

Yama Sushi
Ranked #20 of 593 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Reviewed 24 November 2017

A great experience, clean restaurant with very friendly staff. Lots of rolls to choose from, and with a lunch box that is less than $9 with soup, salad, sushi rolls and rice, this is one of my favorite go to spots.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I am a very trusting person when it comes to raw fish, so I will eat sushi and sashimi any time and anywhere. This place was between my hotel and place of business and recommended by my coworkers, so it was a natural choice. That being said, I did enjoy the rolls I chose and the bonus 2 pieces they gave me. There were many creative rolls on the menu but I did also get a classic rainbow roll to get a good idea of the quality. It's less flavorful than some sushi I have had and they seem to rely a lot on sauces and other ingredients besides the fish. I was in Chesapeake for 4 weeks and didn't go back, but I did enjoy my dinner. From what I understand, it's the best sushi available in this area. 3.5/5

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant provide good quality sushi with the freshest of ingredients. The staff are very friendly and I'd definitely recommend going.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying I love sushi and have eaten sushi in New York and Tokyo and many other places. The chefs here all as good as any Itamae which in Japan means master sushi chef which takes years of training

This place ranks in the top 5 of all sushi places I have every been to

The service here is fabulous and they go out of there way to take care of you.

BLK. For those that know I can not say enough good things about this place.

2  Thank Bruce L
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

It was a good value and got an extra roll. On the menu for the two roll selections there isn't enough variety. You end up with two rolls both with eel or tuna. Just feel full of one menu item when ordering rolls unless you order a la carte.

Been to Yama Sushi? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK