“Great food but pricey”
Review of Maya Restaurant

Maya Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Maya Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 566 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 7th St. NW
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We went with a large group and got a nice table upstairs. The food was great. Several of us had the scallops special that night and all agreed we'd never had such excellent scallops before. Some had the steak, some had duck. Everyone loved their entrees.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Super restaurant. They take the regular and make it elegant! Just pick up the ribs and the meat is so tender it slides right off the bone. Can't properly describe the food - you will have to just go there to see.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Friends and fellow travelers -- I was back at Maya this week and boy was it a feast. Delicious hot steaming vegetables and mac and cheese, huge portions, and a small group of diners. Not noisy at all; just great atmosphere, good wine selection, great drinks, huge portions of steak, barbecue, and yummy apple pie. We decided that maybe the outstanding dining experience had to do with fewer people in the restaurant (the upstairs was closed). Whatever, I'll take it. My visiting daughter from New York declared it the best restaurant in Charlottesville. What a change from last December. Stay tuned for more updates - one way or the other. For right now, Maya rocks.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

My friends and I dined here two weeks ago, after debating whether or not to eat in or out. At 8 that evening, we called the restaurant to make a reservation. We were informed they were busy but would try and get us seated by 8:30.

When we arrived, we were promptly greeted and made our way to the bar for a couple of drinks. At about 8:45, the host checked in with us. He had informed us that our table was ready, however the kitchen was backed up and no new orders would be taken at that time. We were appreciative that we were informed what was going on. It wasn't long after that, when we were brought to our table.

Because we knew the kitchen was probably still backed up, we ordered a bottle of wine and enjoyed another glass before ordering our appetizers. Food preparation was excellent and flavours very full and mouthy! To this day, we are still raving to our friends about Maya.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

Maya Restaurant is probably one of the best places I have ever had the pleasure to dine. They strive to use only local ingredients from the produce to the meat. My wife and I were very pleased with everything. In fact, even their specialty cocktails were wonderful. I can honestly say that there was nothing we did not enjoy dining at this restaurant. I can only hope to have the pleasure of getting back up to the Charlottesville, VA area again just so I can eat at Maya’s again.

1  Thank Whgille