My friend and I spent two great days and nights here in December. The staff was very accommodating and always courteous. We arrived late after lunch but were served a great lunch when we asked if we could get something to eat -- even had fresh greens just picked from the garden. The room was very clean, nice and cozy with a big comfortable bed with nice linens and pillows. Dinner at the inn was exquisite and the service was superb. Next time we come, we are going to have to stay longer and make it in warmer weather when we can really enjoy the grounds and the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The internationally renowned Clifton Inn, named the "Best Hotel in Charlottesville," and one of USA Today''s "10 best Southern fine dining restaurants" boasts 17 stunning guest suites and five unique dining venues. Relax by the fireplace with a speciality cocktail, escape to the wine cellar for a private dining experience, or enjoy casual a la carte dining on the veranda. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills just 7 miles east of downtown, the dramatic infinity edge pool, miles of walking trails, and lake front views make Clifton the most desired hotel, dining, and special event choice in Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Clifton Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Charlottesville
- Country Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Country Inn