“Good food . . . cavernous atmostphere”
Review of El Jaripeo

El Jaripeo
Ranked #107 of 628 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Charlottesville seems focused on good, cheap Mexican spots. When one surveys a menu at higher than those price points, one is bound to ask, "Is this going to be worth it?" El Jaripeo has a menu that goes beyond the typical Tex-Mex fare in town, and the food is good and worth trying. Everything tasted fresh and the server was appropriately attentive. The space itself is large and impersonal, and the music was way too loud considering it was lunch time and relatively empty. Still, it's worth checking out if you want to try a different menu . . . and you have a bit more cash than what you're used to expecting.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I honestly should have written a review for this place 5 years ago. This is by far my FAVORITE restaurant in all of Charlottesville! My family has eaten there about once a week for the past 5 years. The food is AMAZING, the staff is always super friendly, and between us, the white salsa is incredible! (You have to ask for it, but it is FREE and tastes good on ANY dish!) The prices are awesome, the chips are free, and the environment is delightful. I cannot say enough good things about this place! :)

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Just a few miles from our hotel we decided to give this place a shot. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately which was nice. Our waitress came right over for our drink order, beer and water (guess who ordered water), and we ordered a small cheese dip. Got our chips and a very tasty, albeit spicey, salsa and then our drinks. After a while it became apparent the cheese dip wasn't going to join us, and when our entrees arrived, I said something like, "I guess no quest tonight,". Well, after we prayed, here comes the quest - which I sent back since I prefer my appetizer BEFORE my entree. My wife had the chicken chimichangas and I had basically chicken, rice, and cheese. After a bit we both agreed there really wasn't a lot of flavor. I slathered on some of the salsa, which helped, but again it was spicey. Not terrible, just not great.

1  Thank JT03
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I had dinner at El Jaripedo with my wife, the food was good as was the service. I would eat here again

Reviewed 18 October 2016

This is a branch that has opened recently in Ruckersville. It is the hottest that has hit Ruckersville ever. (not too many things happen in Ruckersville. The food is ooooh so good. The service is excellent. They have lunch menus Monday thru Friday @ 5.25! We've eaten there for lunch and dinner. Same consistent goodness.