“Delicious Food if you can handle the crowds!”
Review of tavola

tavola
Ranked #15 of 633 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner
Description: An intimate, lively neighborhood restaurant located in the charming Belmont district of Charlottesville, VA, tavola offers inspired rustic Italian dining through the use of quality ingredients and a simple philosophy fostered by a staff passionate about food, wine, craft cocktails and personal service. Due to our limited seating, we do not take reservations outside of special events.
Reviewed 5 August 2018

We LOVE the food here! It is beyond delicious. To us, it is well worth the crowds and wait, but it is crowded. Our go to plan is to get there, get our name in and then go to the back room. You can get drinks and small plates which are delicious! Plenty of food and drink to hold you over until your food is ready!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I came to this restaurant four years ago and was very impressed on that visit
Decided to meet with good friends here during a visit to cville and wow, the antipasti was absolutely amazing.
I had the vongole luiguine (clams) because I wanted a light sauce and this is what I got...delicious. My husband and friends were also happy with their meals.
The desserts were not our favourites and unless you want extremely dense, heavy biscotti to dip into your coffee, I wouldn’t recommend it. I would actually shy away from dunking it because they serve it warm and a on the soft side = dunking disaster!
Tiramisu looked great and the ice cream looked fantastic.
I definitely introduced new fans to the place!

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Loud to the extreme but we stayed for the food since we had heard it as so good. The place was very busy on a Tuesday evening so I don’t think the owners will tone down the noise anytime soon. The food was tasty. My ‘vongole oreganato al forno’ was good but a little dry. We both tried the ‘papardelle bolognese’ which I thought was tasty but husband said it had little flavor. The cheese cake was interesting and I didn’t have that sinful feeling after enjoying it as I often do. But it satisfied my sweet tooth. We enjoyed the atmosphere even with the cacophony of loud voices, laughter, glasses, pots and pans etc.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We had bucatini all amatriciana as a vegetarian option. The pasta was cooked to perfection and was very flavorful (we were surprised at how spicy it turned out). The tiramisu is to die for! We just wish the restaurant took reservations - for a family with kids, it is hard to wait in the bar area and keep children entertained. Also, a vegetarians curse is the absence of protein once the meat is out with no appropriate substitution -this perhaps is a critique of Italian cuisine and not of Tavola. Recommend to connoisseurs of Italian cuisine, especially meat lovers.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Was in Charlottesville for a wedding and ate at this restaurant. Server was very friendly. Bread did not come out until we had been there for almost 20 min and had already placed out order. Food was good

Date of visit: June 2018