“Best Dinner In C'ville Since 1969!?”
Review of Savour - CLOSED

Savour
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 33
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Savour restaurant is an upscale restaurant that draws from many modern and classical styles from around the world. The executive chef & owner, Ed Nafei, has gained culinary experience from different corners of the world. His aim is to please the palate of every guest.
washington DC
“Best Dinner In C'ville Since 1969!?”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Relatives travelled far and wide to c'ville for a family reunion, and of the several places we dined, this was by far the outstanding one! From the reception to the farewell, it was flawless. We were a big group, so we got a separate space in back, which was ideal. The chef/owner was generous with his time and opinions, not to mention charming and funny and a real character! He asked our preferences, and created dishes not on the menu, featuring my vegetarian plate which was as delicious as it was beautiful. Our waiter was excellent, a great combination of competent and personable. I really can't think of any drawback in our dining experience; and i think i can speak for the whole group and call it excellent. As far as i can remember, this was the best dining experience i've had in charlottesville...and that goes back to 1969!

• Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Easily my #1 for lunch or dinner now!”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I have eaten here before with my family and really enjoyed it. But I remember seeing they do an $11 lunch as well. I went with a friend and we were blown away. Not only was the food wonderful, but the chef so personable and we ended up getting a tour of the kitchen - WOW! This would be one reason the food is amazing - they have no freezer! The only freezer is a small unit that is used for the custard on the dessert. The kitchen was spotless, the food fresh.....i encourage you to go for lunch or dinner! I also noticed they were taking reservations for a special Easter brunch too.

• Visited April 2012
Maryland
“An upscale restaurant with a down home price”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We did the price fix menu for $30. a really good choice. It means you get a dessert for $2.
instead of $8. However, be prepared to eat! Everything was wonderful, with artistic presentations that I even tried to take a picture of on my phone!
This doesn't look like much from the outside, parking can be tough but totally worth it!
The historic MainSt. restaurants are nice, but very expensive. This place has a reasonable
wine list, with some good choices and the food was 5 star quality.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank DanDeb67
“NOT for families with kids, but excellent food”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Years from now when my husband and I become empty nesters we will come back, otherwise alas this place is not for families with little kids. Food was excellent but came painstakingly slow. 45 minutes passed between our appetizer and entree servings. We were starving by the time enteree was served and you don't get a whole lot here either. So keep that in mind when coming to this restaurant.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Bad location, great food”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

If you drive by, the sign is interesting, the building, not so much. But when you go in, you enter another world. The decor is so welcoming.

I can tell you how good the food is by this little story:

We had plans to have dinner there with another couple. My friend called me early afternoon to confirm that we were still on for dinner at Savour while she was sitting there having lunch. Did I say delicious?

Steamed octopus with cavier is not something I would ever order and yet I do now. My husband ordered it the first time we were there, and it was so succulent and well balanced, that I now order it regularly. The scallop with purple potatoes is also quite delicious. We have been here many, many times, and have never been disappointed. They have a prix fixe for $33, appetizer, entree and dessert, go ahead and go for it. You will not be disappointed.

In addition to tasting wonderful, the presentation is 5 star quality. I have brought business associates from NY here and they were still talking about it months later.

The owner, Ed, walks around and talks to guests to be sure that the quality is up to his standards. I don't think I need to say more than that...enjoy!

Visited February 2012