“Great Breakfast”
Review of La Taza

La Taza
Ranked #173 of 628 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: La Taza is many things. A coffeehouse. A charming lunch spot. The perfect place for a tasty brunch in the city. A trendy outdoor hangout for drinks during the warm months. And a place for unique Latin-inspired cuisine at affordable prices in Charlottesville, VA. Our goal is to provide you, our customers, with a taste of Latin culture in a clean, casual, and inviting environment. 'La Taza' is spanish for 'the cup.' We are known for our coffee - which is Rainforest Alliance Certified and purchased directly from the farmer in Guatemala - as well as our authentic Latin hospitality and are dedicated to bringing you an amazing dining experience. Our atmosphere has been designed to create a paradise getaway - without actually having to get away! With a menu featuring flavors from Cuba, Costa Rica, Argentina, Jamaica, and more - you'll find something delicious that suits your tastes! We feature a full bar with unforgettable handmade drinks. Sip on something while you relax on our tiki-inspired patio or cozy up at one of our inside tables. If you want to learn more about us, come on over and stay awhile! We appreciate relaxing and invite you to relax with us today.
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely breakfast on the outdoor patio. The coffee was excellent and my dish, the Machaca, which consisted of eggs mixed with a variety of veggies and pepper jack cheese, was absolutely delicious.

1  Thank SaraKate916

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We had an amazing brunch and great coffee. The menu had a wonderful selection of Latin dishes. The menu had many vegetarian and Vegan choices. We'll definitely be going back!

1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

For someone who spends thousands in the restaurants of Charlottesville, I expect to be treated better especially one bringing in five other folks for brunch on a Sunday. Too busy to split checks? Give me a break. Adding 25% gratuity? Give me a break. I tip big, but only when the service is halfway decent. Food is decent. Coffee is good. Cold alcoholic drinks are severely watered down. Unacceptable. Far too many choices in this city for that type of BS. I won't be back.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

While on our July 4th weekend getaway we visited La Taza several times. We were staying just around the corner and mainly would pop in for an iced coffee (their banana mocha frozen coffee thing was yummy!) we tried out lunch this visit and we're pleasantly surprised. We had the Cuban sandwich and the veggie quesadilla and a side of fries. I don't know what they put on their fries but whatever it is it's Delish! (Yes I know I'm surprised I'm commenting on fries as well-but they were much better than the usual bland ones you get from other joints so I thought I'd point them out). Anyway, we sat outside-which is very cute with potted plants and lights strung up-my 2 year old enjoyed the setting as well. Everyone was very friendly and we had a great lunch! Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Beachluver82
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I have to say I'm overjoyed and so surprised to find this gem in Charlottesville,VA. My husband and I came in to town early to enjoy the wine country and take in some sights before a friend's wedding. A few minutes on TripAdvisor it became abundantly clear that Charlottesville was the premier wine area just outside DC. In looking for a place to gab a quick tasty bite we came upon La Taza which happened to be walking distance from where we were staying. Now coming from LA to the south I NEVER thought that not only could I find a place that had something this veggie loving non meat eating hippie,as I'm affectionately known, could eat but a place that had me in mind when creating the menu. When arriving I was warmly greeted by the charm and ambience which reminded me of many of the cafe's I frequented in Silver lake. I ordered the breakfast tacos with soy, yes soy sausage. I gobbled up every last bite which for me is rare when eating out. Now for my meat eating husband and friends they had plenty to choose from. My husband even stayed true to his Haitian roots and gave 2 thumbs up to the curried goat. I can not say enough good things about this establishment and would highly recommend it!!

1  Thank Kameelah G