See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 October 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Kings Creek Inn one night the weekend of the Eastern Shore Birding & Wildlife Festival. What a beautiful, historic inn! Sadly we could not stay long as we were busy enjoying the birding festival. I had hoped to stay a second night, but the inn was full. Dawn, the innkeeper, was kind enough to offer to let us stay in the suite at her beautiful home. What a wonderful hostess! Dawn and her husband welcomed us and made us feel right at home. The suite was spacious, cozy, and beautifully decorated. Their home is located close to all of the activities in Cape Charles. We had such a nice visit! I only wish we would have had more time to enjoy both locations!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vick R
Reviewed 22 September 2014

I regret that I did not have longer to stay at the King's Creek Inn. It is one of the best bed and breakfast that I have stayed in . Alice and her husband Tracy helped to make our stay unforgettable. I traveled with my good friend and her mother from New Brunswick, NJ after moving my friend's daughter into her dorm at Rutgers We arrived on Friday August 29,2014 around sunset. Our room on the second floor - the Mary suite - over looked the back of the house and out to the creek. Tracy poured us a glass of wine and we walked out to the dock to see the sun setting over the water. We chose to dine at the King's Creek that evening and had a wonderful meal. The staff is wonderful. If you are fortunate to have dinner at the King's Creek you must save room for desert - the coconut cake. Unfortunately they had run out on Friday night. But Alice does not disappoint. She had made a coconut cake Saturday morning and gave some to us for our trip south.
The breakfast that is served at Kings Creek is amazing. Starting with mimosa and a yogurt and fruit compote and completed with made to order omelette. Every bite was delicious.
Our room the Mary suite was very spacious and we had a porch that we could sit outside and look at the stars. The bed was so comfortable - wonderful night sleep.
The Kings Creek Inn has lots of history surrounding it and has been fully restored. It is definitely a place I would return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DOT813
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed just one night. The weather was just awful but we didn't need to leave. Alice cooked an amazing dinner and terrific breakfast in the morning. The house is rich with history! We couldn't explore the grounds due to the weather but we will definitely go back!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sheridan-fam4
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We initially booked at the Kings Creek Inn for the fourth of July wekend because it was the only B&B available, but we could not have made a better choice. Our party of four (two couples) were the only guests most of our two-day stay and we enjoyed exceptional hospitality and food. The chef (Alice) was outstanding. She fed us dinner the first night and then breakfast each morning. It was sufficient to hold us until Happy Hour each day which we enjoyed outside at the dock in the evening. It is located a couple of miles from the town of Cape Charles, but you can cruise into town easily to enjoy the shops, eateries and beach whenever you like. We loved the serenity and privacy of this property more than the convenience of being in town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great service, wonderful hosts, beautiful grounds with water view. Rooms are lovely and very well appointed. The downstairs pub and restaurant looked really cool--we didn't get a chance to dine there, but it's probably pretty good b/c our host made a delicious breakfast. The inn can't change the fact it's located at the end of a suburban housing tract--which kinda kills the old-fashioned charm of Cape Charles and the Eastern Shore. Fortunately, there are many unbuilt lots with wildflowers growing. The inn could use bikes. They didn't have any and a bike ride into Cape Charles would be a breeze on the flat roads.

Room Tip: Air conditioning really rocks--if you like that kind of thing. We closed the vents in our room and turned on the heater. Opened the windows to warm things up a bit too.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple