See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The Inn was perfect. Had a tour of all of the rooms. Not a bad one there. Great views from the balcony, but also plenty of outdoor space to take your bottle of wine and relax. Fantastic restaurant. Great pub. Very cozy and intimate. Perfect getaway from Hampton Roads, or a wonderful stop along the way to wherever you're going. Would go back just for dinner and drive home (from Virgina Beach). Hosts were very welcoming and accommodating. (Spent too much time in the pub with Jim, but Dawn soothed my hangover with fresh-baked scones.) Made ourselves go into town first day (only seconds away) but soon realized we'd enjoy ourselves more at King's Creek Inn.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy G
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Spent three days here in April. Wonderful place. The owners were incredibly welcoming and accommodating. The room was gorgeous--very spacious, with a balcony overlooking the lawn and the water beyond. The bathroom was modern, though it did have a lovely clawfoot tub. Breakfast was yummy--an assortment of fruit and scones fresh from the oven, plus choices of yogurt parfait, omelette, and french toast. The restaurant/pub in the basement was delicious as well. Recommend the crabcakes.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan B
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We flew in from London Heathrow and Jim (the owner) generously offered to collect us from Norfolk Airport, it's then a fairly short, but spectacular trip, across the Chesapeake Bridge/Tunnel to Kings Creek Inn. The house is very beautiful and is set in a stunning and peaceful location immediately adjacent to the King's Creek.

Being a little jet lagged I was up at dawn and saw the spectacular sunrise from the front of the house, it was a beautiful morning and I was thrilled to see so many ospreys flying around the house (one of which had caught a large fish for breakfast)! If you are 'into' ornithology you will be spoilt by the abundance of herons, eagles and all manner of birds that I am unfamiliar with, there's even a huge owl nesting in the trees at the bottom of the garden.

The sunsets are just as spectacular and can be enjoyed from either the rear porch, your own balcony or from seats near the jetty. I suggest a cold beer or white wine as an accompaniment.

Jim quickly established that I enjoyed whiling away a few hours angling and kindly loaned me his fishing tackle, I was therefore able to continue the birdwatching experience whilst catching some huge blue crabs (apparently I was a couple of weeks early for the fish) from the jetty.

The owners (Jim and Dawn) are extremely friendly and helpful, nothing seems to be too much bother. Jim is an ex UK resident and he would appear to have a mastery of most world languages and is fluent in many of them (particularly German and French).

The rooms are of an exceptional standard and are beautifully furnished and decorated with many historical items. We loved the four poster bed and all the space available to us.

Whilst the Kings Creek Inn is listed as a B&B I would strongly urge you to have your evening meals there and save on the drive elsewhere. Dawn serves up a range of wonderful food and the table staff (JP and Fran) are very attentive.

I would also recommend the cellar bar where an enormous range of spirits, wines and beers are available at very reasonable prices. You may get challenged to a game of pool or darts by one of the very friendly locals.

Finally I would recommend a visit to www.kingscreekinn.com you will then see for yourself what a terrific place this is. If, like us, you are Europeans looking for an 'American experience' with a difference then let the King's Creek Inn provide it.

We are definitely going back!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CambridgeUnitedFan
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Not just that, but a fantastic old plantation home in a magic setting with beautiful sunset views. I love it! Great to go to a B&B with its own restaurant and bar, so you can put your feet up and relax. This is what all B&Bs should be!

Room Tip: Choose one of the suites on the second floor as you have your own balcony and great views over the creek
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brian j
Reviewed 15 March 2012

What a wonderful experience. The scenery is stunning and the rooms are outstanding. A great start to a great getaway. What made it even better, the people and the food.

If you think you have had great crab cakes, you have to try the restaurant here. Honestly, I tasted the best crab cakes I have ever had in my life.

Top it all off with wine on my private porch and watching the sun go down over the bay off the pier. It does not get much better than this.

Top notch hospitality and service.

Room Tip: Hard to pick, since they were all go. If you like a suite, I would highly recommend it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business