See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 May 2017

My wife and I (with our medium size dog) were traveling form NY to TN. After driving all day we found Evergreen Inn in one of the travel books you pick up at a rest area. They advertised good rates and Pet Friendly with an additional $5 fee. At approximately 9pm we called this hotel and explained we were two adults and a medium size older dog (the dog is 10 years old). We asked if there were any of the coupon rooms available that could accommodate us and were told that there were and to “come on down”. We notified the hotel we were about an hour away, driving later into the night then we normally would, and will be there around 10pm. At that time we showed up and I took the coupon into and explained who I was. The Indian man who was at the desk only cared about the size of the dog and asked how big he was. I replied “Medium Size”, he then asked the weight and I responded “About 40-45 pounds”. The owner then rudely told me we can’t stay there. I asked why and was told the dog was “Too big” and he only wanted small dogs, making a small dog gesture with his hands. I asked him why he then he told us to come down when I stated the dog was a medium size dog on the phone. He replied by again stating the dog was too big and he only wanted small dogs. He rudely refused to give us a room at what was now 10:15 pm and this forced us to try to find a place elsewhere at that time of night when most other hotel rooms are already full. This is clearly false advertising on his part and he was very rude once he determined he did not want us as paying guests for the night.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jay-L-Gro
Reviewed 7 January 2016

Seems like a good deal/price. But to give up your privacy or risk someone coming in your room while you are taking a shower is outrageous!!! The so called co-owner had the law called on him today for just walking in the rooms and saying he can do what he wants for he is an owner of the property. Be ware!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda U
Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

So judging by the looks i thought it was gonna be a crack motel, boy was i wrong, this is an amazing establishment and the rooms are very spacious and set up to be mini apartments. When you walk in the room is large with double beds, a desk between them, a table and two chairs off to the side, and a nice dual decent size storage counter with a full size tv with an abundance of cable channels. I had a large mini fridge and a nice microwave. The next room connected to your room is a large storage room with hanging racks and a solid storage unit and a sink and mirror off to the side. The next room you enter in your room is a deep large tub with shower, amd a potty. There's also a storage window. Overall i rate this 8 of 10. There is a pool but it was green and locked.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2012

How this made #8 is a mystery. If you are a single man this may do. The room is clean, has a refrig and micro. The fixtures in the bathroom are old and rusted. It is clean and has an outdoor pool. So if you don't mind rusty old fixtures it is a deal.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Angiebaby60
Reviewed 10 February 2009

This is one of the last of a cluster of old motels where three US highways came together north of Bristol. It's a super value, and has everything I look for when I travel. There's a beautiful neon arch sign by the office, the pool is still functioning, and the rooms are large and clean.
This place was pretty fancy when it was built, probably in the late '50s. The room I got had knotty pine walls, and a really nice green tile bath. The price for all this was incredibly low, only $32. Since I-81 has pretty much killed US 11, there isn't much traffic noise to keep you awake.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled solo