All reviewssteam showerfrench countrythe main housevirginia countrysideb bsamuse bouchenext morningbusy highwayauberge provencalechocolate covered strawberriesmain roadgourmet breakfastlocal wineriesrolling hillswine tourfresh fruitsitting area
Reviewed 5 July 2017

My husband and I spent a night last week and loved it. The staff was lovely and attentive, our room was perfect, and we enjoyed a cocktail in the new lounge area and a fabulous dinner and breakfast. I am gluten-free, which I noted when I made the reservation, and everyone on staff knew and took care of me. Both meals were outstanding. It was a perfect ending to our week of solitude before collecting our children from sleep-away camp. (And my husband said the croissants were to die for!)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
ProvenceVirginia, Front Office Manager at L'Auberge Provencale Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your night away before picking up your children from camp. We ask all of our guests upon making a reservation whether there are any dietary restrictions or allergies we should be aware of; so that we may accommodate them. Here, at L'Auberge Provencale, we believe everyone should be able to enjoy a spectacular meal, regardless of any restrictions. We serve a full gourmet breakfast to all of our inn guests that consists of fresh fruit, breakfast breads, house-made granola, house-made croissants and a hot entree. We are happy your husband enjoys the croissants as much as we do! We hope to host you again soon for another getaway.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We had a truly enjoyable, relaxing visit for our anniversary. The staff was cordial, the location peaceful, the facility very well kept, and the meals were outstanding! L'Auberge Provencale is a great location to enjoy a quiet, special get-away. If Trip Advisor had an Outstanding rating, L'Auberge would get it!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words! Make sure to join our mailing list for upcoming specials and events. We hope to be able to host you again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

This Bed and Breakfast is fantastic. I stayed in the small cottage room "Voltaire 1." The cottage was small but the rooms weren't!! The King size bed was fantastically clean and SUPER comfortable! The small den area was huge compared to a hotel side room.

The Bathroom was over the top great! Steam shower, fantastically clean sink and gorgeous tile floors.

I arrived later than a typical check-in time (10pm) and was able to call ahead that afternoon and they made arrangements for me that were SUPER easy to follow.

If you are looking for a 5-star Bed and Breakfast in this area this is it. Clean, comfortable, quiet, and gorgeous!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
ProvenceVirginia, Front Office Manager at L'Auberge Provencale Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We were more than happy to accommodate your late arrival. We are thrilled you had the opportunity to use one of our aromatherapy steam showers during your stay with us. During your next stay, make sure to dine in our bar and lounge where it's an a la carte menu that serves brasserie food such as moules frites, a delicious burger that pairs well with our craft beer and creative cocktails. We hope to host you soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We spent a wonderful afternoon, evening and morning at the inn. The property is nestled in the beautiful countryside of Virginia between the mountains and the farmland revealing great views. The owners maintain the property to perfection from the rooms to the gardens. It is easy to get lost in the beauty of the property. The food is beyond comparison and the service is 5 star in a relaxed atmosphere. The owners are intimately involved and are great people. I would highly recommend this inn to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your gracious words. We take great pride in our gardens and orchards and are happy you were able to enjoy them. We are so glad that to hear that we exceeded expectations to your satisfaction and hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We are concluding our overnight stay at this beautiful inn. As I write, we are enjoying the cool air and beautiful grounds as my wife plays bocce ball. This was a very romantic evening, and the experience was top-notch all around.

We stayed in the Renoir room or number 9. Interestingly enough it has been remodeled so the interior does not look like the pictures on the website. When we were first showed our room I almost corrected our host and told him that we were in the wrong room. The wallpaper is gone and it has a beautiful painted textured wall and there's a new more modern bed. The bathroom is wonderful. The floors, the tiles, everything. The bed was extremely comfortable and we had beautiful views of the grounds from our windows. At night after dinner we saw actual constellations. I had forgotten what stars looked like. A frequent complaint that I read is that the Inn is close to the highway and people have trouble sleeping. But the bed was so comfortable that there was no way we weren't going to fall asleep immediately. Honestly, the sound of the road did not bother us from our room.

Dinner was great. We had the tasting menu. There were only two servers that managed the entire evening but they did a wonderful job. We were never left wanting. The food was delightful. The duck was my favorite course but the most delicious thing we tasted was probably the after-dessert dessert which was a raspberry macaroon.

Breakfast was dinner's equal. Delicious. We were well attended to and we checked out of the Inn from our breakfast table. However we never felt rushed in any way and we enjoyed the rest of our morning relaxing on the beautiful grounds.

I paid for an extra romance package which included a sparkling beverage, chocolate covered strawberries, and a bouquet of flowers. The flowers were worth the money alone. These were set up in our room during our dinner so I was able to surprise my wife. It was perfect. We were allowed to take the flowers home with the beautiful vase they came in.

I cannot recommend this place enough. Thank you so very much to the staff who made this such a perfect experience. You have my deepest gratitude.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
ProvenceVirginia, Front Office Manager at L'Auberge Provencale Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you for your thoughtful words. We were so happy to be a part of your 19th anniversary! Our Renoir room has been fully redecorated with a new bed, paint and decor to keep it modern yet make it feel like Provence. We thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the both of you! During your next visit, make sure to join us in our bar and lounge to try our creative cocktails along with our a la carte menu that features such as our burger, moules frites and much more!