“Thyme is in the Soup.”
Review of Thyme

Thyme
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Eclectic and creative menu featuring local ingredients. Located in the Old Tip Top Bread Bakery building which is home to numerous artist studios and retail shops in downtown White River Junction, Vermont. Outdoor seating when weather permits.
Reviewed 23 July 2018

A warm cup of tomato bisque, if the dish had even amounted to eight ounces. I knew beforehand getting the bisque there would be less than three bites of marginally small croutons. I asked the waitress if I could get bread toasted on the side, she responded by shaking her head and pursing her lips in silence. A few minutes later I got up and asked another waitress the same question, who easily put it on my order. For the rest of the meal, however, our waitress, Tabetha, gave me and my mother the cold shoulder.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve been traveling solo for a while now and like to feel comfortable when I go out to dinner. The safe place to sit is at the bar because I like the idea I don’t need reservations and if I’m not feeling welcome I can have a drink and leave. The Thyme made me feel right at home the minute I entered their front door by warmly greeting me with sincerity and immediately offered me a high top table in the bar/lounge area. A real nice spot. It was Saturday night and it was a packed house and they made room for me. I liked that very much.
The Blackened Salmon was cooked to perfection and the portion was very generous, the UFO Harpoon lager was ice cold and everything was just terrific.
A thank you to the attentive staff and owner who was on board, always a good sign of a serious restaurant, and most importantly to the Chef.
My dining experience at the Thyme was just perfect.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped for lunch. She ordered a BLT and I got the Rueben; we shared the Aoli Fries. My wife’s sandwich didn’t have bacon but it had bacon Jam. She said it was good. My Rueben was dry and they don’t carry Rye bread. I asked for dressing for the pile of lettuce since it didn’t come with any dressing. We also asked for Aoli sauce - Not enough was provided. We were charged fifty cents for additional sauce and charged for dressing on our Salad. Wired!

What really sent me for the door was the server, Tabetha. She was very sluggish and not friendly. We had to ask for everything. She hardly spoke. She never asked us if we needed anything and seemed put out when asked for anything - including the check. She should get into a different line of work. Not Friendly.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Good service, although it took a while to get the check. Excellent value compared with "big city" places you'd find in DC. We had a range of entrees including steak and fish. Very reasonable wine and beer selection. Conversational noise level, which was a plus.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Not much going on in the great WRJ town on a Tuesday but this resturant is terrific. We had a recommendation to eat at Thyme for lunch but opted for dinner. Easy wine list, inviting menu. One had meatloaf, one had the steak special (which was great) and I had a chicken special. All the food had a great presentation and was very tasteful. Service is good and the resturant is eclectic and quaint. It's certainly a do is in the Woodstock area.

Date of visit: May 2018