All reviews front desk grab bars nice area to walk room was clean choice hotels waffles indoor pool waffle maker across the river desk person next morning hanover nh off the highway first floor gas station convenient location white river
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Stayed the night at this comfort Inn. Room was clean, TV worked well, bed was comfortable. Only concern is the same one we have with other hotels/motels; No place to put your toiletry bag in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Near major hwys
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
KDKS519, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again when you are in the White River Junction area.

Kalleen Kilfeather-Sidler, GM

Reviewed 14 October 2017

It was Columbus Day weekend but $206 per night seems steep for a Comfort Inn. The heating and cooling unit was filthy with dust and who knows what else (see photo). Also the shower had a healthy mildew colony growing - yuck. Beds were fine. Standard comp breakfast. Please get someone to clean up the AC and heating unit and the mildew. There is an indoor pool for the kids.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We hope you will give us another try on a future visit to our area.

Kalleen Kilfeather-Sidler, GM

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night on our way back to Boston. The room had an unusual bad odor and the bathroom door had scratches that looked like dog marks. We later saw dogs in the hallway so I guess they accept pets. The A/C blower made a bad clicking sound all night making it difficult to sleep. The carpet in the elevator the hallways and room is just nasty. I would not recommend this place to anybody.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronh82

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. Please know we take all reviews seriously and will address the issues you have mentioned. Thank you again for bringing them to my attention.

Kalleen Kilfeather-Sidler,GM

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Most accommodation is expensive and there is nothing attractive in the immediate area. The staff is indifferent boardering on rude. The breakfast is forgettable and the room is not fresh smelling. The beds are either old or cheap. Didn't use the dirty heater/AC.
It is our last stay with Choice Hotels and the points can lapse. Sorry, being a member since Journeys End opened years ago. Knew the owner and got a membership.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I do hope you will give us another chance on a future visit to our area.

Kalleen

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Comfort Inn

Despite my review (you’ll see what I mean in a minute), we would stay here again. In fact, we expect to be back next summer.

They were really thinking!!
• You only have to wave your key near the lock to open it even when it’s in its cardboard sleeve. Great when your hands are full.
• There is now a thermostat on the wall to control heating and cooling in the room. MUCH better than the mystery controls that, in the past, were on the unit itself.
• All the table lamps have outlets in their base. That means lots of places to recharge stuff.
• There was a nightlight in the bathroom. Shut off the main light and the nightlight goes on.
• Grab-bars by the toilet were good.
• Grab-bars in the tub area were well thought out.
• They have a very hearty breakfast – the best we had on this trip. Two different kinds of waffles, scrambled eggs, and depending on the day, bacon or sausage patties or links.

What were they thinking??
• The TV sits on the lowboy dresser where I could have put my suitcase. My wife’s suitcase was on the suitcase rack in the closet.
• I put my suitcase on the room’s chair. Which took away a place to sit and read.
• The microwave is on the desk where I would like to place my laptop so I can work.
• The bathroom sink has no place to set out toiletries. (My wife likes her own lotions and potions.)
• There’s no place to hang a towel near the sink.
• There’s no place to put or hang a towel near the tub.
• The bathroom sink is loose in the wall. This could be a safety problem if someone leans on the sink too hard. (i.e. expecting it to hold them as they get into the tub.
• The door to the bathroom opens the wrong way. It is constantly blocking the hallway.

All these “criticisms” of mine are small things and easily changed by switching things around, i.e. put the microwave on top of the fridge, hang the TV on the wall, etc. As for the others, may I offer some suggestions:
• You could get someone in a wheelchair to check the bathroom door. I think if the door opened into the bathroom instead of into the hallway, that may solve the congestion problem. • As for the sink, it simply needs a carpenter to anchor it better.
• A small grab-bar between the sink and the tub would hold a towel and could serve as another assist to getting into the tub. (Kill two towels with one bar.)

The accessible room we were in had plenty of space around the bed. This is a constant problem with us when we travel. As I mentioned above, double outlets at the base of the 3 table lamps are a great way to retrofit a room. Newer lamps now have USB ports as well. I have always found it easier to plug my phone into a charger and set an alarm on my own phone than to try and figure out an alarm clock I’.

The big bathroom had nice grab bars by the toilet and in the tub. This was the first tub we’ve seen that was really designed for accessibility. Yay!! For starters, it had a built-in seat. This is great for people that want to transfer (slide) from a wheelchair to the tub. The shower and its controls are placed off-center on the back wall so a person sitting on the seat could easily work the controls. And of course, a person standing in the tub could work it just as well. There were grab-bars on two levels for easy grabbing by someone standing or sitting. Since I’m on crutches instead of in a wheelchair, I appreciate the higher bars.

We stayed four days and found it very enjoyable. The staff was friendly and helpful and the building was quiet. Well, quiet except for morning breakfast where everybody was busy eating and talking to each other. Made it a lively, fun place and you always meet someone interesting.

We’ll happily come back here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnfaludi

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you will be returning next year. Thank you for staying with us!

Kalleen