“Amazing dog-friendly place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Paw House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Rutland
The Paw House Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 West Rutland B&B and Inns
Fort Lee, New Jersey
“Amazing dog-friendly place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

I stayed here from Sep 8 to 10 shortly after Hurricane Irene affected the area. Originally I was planning to drive through Connecticut from New York City. But as VT 100 was partly closed, I decided to use I-87 instead. All fears of washed-out roads were washed away when I drove through the roads in NY and VT. I did not see any trace of storm damage, and even enjoyed the drive to Ben and Jerry's in Waterbury.
Anyway, back to the house, I relished the quiet charm and serendipity of the premises and surrounding, especially coming from bustling NYC. After 2 days I felt recharged and ready to go!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

Just got back from my seventh trip to the Paw House Inn. Once again, Mitch and Jenn were wonderful. They are always so friendly and helpful. By far, they are the most welcoming inn owners in New England.

This time I brought my boston terrier and very high strung yellow lab. I knew it was a mistake from the moment we got there. However, the staff was so accomodating with her wacko behavior. She may not be traveling with us again, but high energy dogs are not an issue here.

Breakfast was again delicious. The room was spotless (not even one dog hair that wasn't ours). The grounds were beautifully maintained (really nice mix of flowers off the back deck). And (if I'm not mistaken) I think the rooms had new mattresses!

I highly recommend The Paw House Inn. It's a warm and wonderful way to travel with your dogs, and know they are well taken care of while you explore Vermont shops and restaurants without them.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ShellyDoodles
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay and would definitely come back again for a longer stay . The Inn is clean, spacious and quiet. Breakfast was yummy. The owners are inviting and great to talk with. Take some time to speak to them about the history of the place. Mitch can give you lots advice on great hiking trails for all levels. It was really nice to stay in a place that treats travelers with dogs first class! Lots of really nice little touches!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

We recently returned to the Pawhouse Inn for our second visit and we loved it. Just as we discovered on our first visit, the dogs enjoyed the same hospitality we did. The dog run is beautiful and the kennels are spotless. Our three course breakfast was truly the best we've ever had at a B & B and the coffee was out of this world. We hope you weathered the storm and we look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for everything!

Meriden CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

I loved the pet friendly atmosphere at this B and B. Everyone including the dogs seemed very relaxed and layed back. The inn is extremely clean and comfy. Mitch, Jen, and Stanley(the house dog) are great hosts. The breakfasts were delicious. We will return this winter for a little pet friendly ski trip.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Rutland
Quality Inn
#8 of 12 in Rutland
16.1 km away
Mendon Mountainview Lodge

Been to The Paw House Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK