“warm and inviting”

Deerfield Valley Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dover
Deerfield Valley Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Dover B&B and Inns
franklinma
“warm and inviting”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Recent ski trip to Vermont brought us to the Deerfield Valley Inn. My husband and I had a large bedroom with fireplace and sofa, which was great for relaxing and enjoying a glass of wine at the end of the day. Very quiet with wonderful and comfortable bed. The breakfasts were to die for and we appreciated having our own table to sit and enjoy that first cup of coffee in the morning. Hosts were friendly and helpful.This is an area where we ski frequently and will keep the Deerfield at the top of the list.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank capekathybrewster
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Had only a few days in the area, but very much enjoyed it. The hosts at Deerfield were great and our spacious room was very comfortable. We had a fireplace and sofa so we didn't need to relax in the living room (which was inviting). Our hosts let us come back after skiing on check out day to change clothes for our trip to the airport and also suggested we take a lunch from a local shop instead of hitting fast food on the way to the airport. We will definately stay here if we come back to Mount Snow! The cost was a bit more than we usually spend but it seemed very competitve in the area and was worth it.

Room Tip: The hosts suggested that we take the room with a fireplace and we very much enjoyed it.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anita S
Tolland, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My husband and I were guests for 2 nights and it was truly delightful in all areas.
Immaculate lodging, warm and welcoming hosts, scrumptious breakfast and picnic lunch.
Gift certificate to the restaurant and a gift of Vermont maple syrup to take home were an additional bonus.
We have every intention of returning and reconnecting with Rosemary and Doreen who made us feel so special.

Pat and Dave Fraser
Tolland Ct

T

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pat F
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We got an email advertising another Bed and Breakfast Special from Living Social. Since my husband and I never went to Vermont, but were thinking about taking a trip, this was very timely. When I called to make reservations it was booked, but the owner directed me to Deerfield Valley Inn. I checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor and most of them were vey favorable, so we took a chance. The Inn was very clean, very homey and we felt very comfortable. The package included a two night stay, breakfast, a picnic lunch and gift certificates for discounts on canoe rentals and a 25.00 gift certificate for the neighboring restaurant, 1846 Tavern. The restaurant was the biggest disappointment of the whole trip. Even though there were only two other people in the restaurant the waitress took her time getting to us. My husband ordered the lobster, I ordered the crab cakes and neither was very good. Also, we noticed that when another family came in they were given a breas basket, but we were not. When I asked for a refill of my iced tea I wascharged an additional 2.00 which I felt was very unfair since it was not advertised that refills were additional charges. The next night we chose to eat at a restaurant in town, called the Anchor and the food was amazing!! If you go, order the Parmesan Tilapia.
During this trip we also pciked blueberries and raspberries, and we were surprised that a pint cost 3.00 whereas we could have gotten them much cheaper elsewhere. If you are going to buy Maple Syrup stay clear of the stores in town and get them at the side stand on the road. We found the same syrup for 2.00 cheaper.

We are not skier's so we probably will not go back there again. Also, the Inn is not really walking distance from anything, and the roads are nery narrow and winding, so you don't feel comfortable walking on them. You need to basically drive whereever you go. Even the discount for the canoe rental, though good, it is up to you to find a place to put the canoe. The closest we found was several miles away.

If you find yourself in this area. I would highly recommend the Deerfield Valley Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bacigirl85
TN
Reviewed 21 January 2011

This was our third annual visit to Deerfield Valley Inn. Again, our room was clean and cozy with a very comfortable bed. The innkeepers were responsive to our needs including making me comfortable as I nursed a nasty cold while my husband went skiing. Breakfasts were healthy and prepared to order. We feel fortunate to have found such a special place for such good value and have already made plans to return January 2012.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple