Deerfield Valley Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Old Red Mill(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$ 75
Travelocity
Viking Motel(Wilmington)
US$ 84
Agoda.com
Black Bear Lodge(Stratton Mountain)
US$ 157
US$ 142
US$ 124
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbed and breakfastliving roomb bbreakfast was deliciouspleasure of stayinghome away from homegreen mountainsmt snowrosemarydoreenvictorianfireplacewarmthwinterseason
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My husband and I were guests for 2 nights and it was truly delightful in all areas.
Immaculate lodging, warm and welcoming hosts, scrumptious breakfast and picnic lunch.
Gift certificate to the restaurant and a gift of Vermont maple syrup to take home were an additional bonus.
We have every intention of returning and reconnecting with Rosemary and Doreen who made us feel so special.

Pat and Dave Fraser
Tolland Ct

T

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pat F
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We got an email advertising another Bed and Breakfast Special from Living Social. Since my husband and I never went to Vermont, but were thinking about taking a trip, this was very timely. When I called to make reservations it was booked, but the owner directed me to Deerfield Valley Inn. I checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor and most of them were vey favorable, so we took a chance. The Inn was very clean, very homey and we felt very comfortable. The package included a two night stay, breakfast, a picnic lunch and gift certificates for discounts on canoe rentals and a 25.00 gift certificate for the neighboring restaurant, 1846 Tavern. The restaurant was the biggest disappointment of the whole trip. Even though there were only two other people in the restaurant the waitress took her time getting to us. My husband ordered the lobster, I ordered the crab cakes and neither was very good. Also, we noticed that when another family came in they were given a breas basket, but we were not. When I asked for a refill of my iced tea I wascharged an additional 2.00 which I felt was very unfair since it was not advertised that refills were additional charges. The next night we chose to eat at a restaurant in town, called the Anchor and the food was amazing!! If you go, order the Parmesan Tilapia.
During this trip we also pciked blueberries and raspberries, and we were surprised that a pint cost 3.00 whereas we could have gotten them much cheaper elsewhere. If you are going to buy Maple Syrup stay clear of the stores in town and get them at the side stand on the road. We found the same syrup for 2.00 cheaper.

We are not skier's so we probably will not go back there again. Also, the Inn is not really walking distance from anything, and the roads are nery narrow and winding, so you don't feel comfortable walking on them. You need to basically drive whereever you go. Even the discount for the canoe rental, though good, it is up to you to find a place to put the canoe. The closest we found was several miles away.

If you find yourself in this area. I would highly recommend the Deerfield Valley Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bacigirl85
Reviewed 21 January 2011

This was our third annual visit to Deerfield Valley Inn. Again, our room was clean and cozy with a very comfortable bed. The innkeepers were responsive to our needs including making me comfortable as I nursed a nasty cold while my husband went skiing. Breakfasts were healthy and prepared to order. We feel fortunate to have found such a special place for such good value and have already made plans to return January 2012.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SkiBumTn
Reviewed 20 November 2010

The inn has all the charm of a country home you would love. The innkeeper Doreen, is extremely friendly and cooks a great country breakfast every morning. Rosemary as well ,is very friendly and makes you feel right at home. Rosemary goes out of her way to make sure you know of the local restaurants , shopping and local attractions. The rooms are clean , comfortable and cozy. .At breakfast , we met several other couples and everyone seemed to be enjoying their stay as much as we were.

I am looking forward to my next vacation to Dover and the Deerfield Valley Inn.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2010

This was our 8th stay in the past 12 years and each one has been absolutely perfect! The room is always immaculate and the bed is very comfortable. There have never been any disturbances, even during the many times the inn was full. Since our first visit in 1999, my husband and I have felt so welcome to sit in the living room and relax with a hot apple cider and homemade cookies that are always available outside the kitchen. It's so easy to feel at home!
The innkeepers are very friendly and helpful, without being overbearing. They are very willing to look into attractions, restaurants or events going on in the area.
There are many reasons why we keep returning to the Deerfield Valley Inn for our "fall weekends away", but one thing that impressed us the second time we stayed there, was that Rosemary remembered that my husband didn't drink coffee when she was serving breakfast. It showed how much interest they take in their tenants. Breakfast, by the way, has never been anything but delicious!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple