All reviews pool table comfy bed after a long day snow muffins
Reviewed 19 March 2017

We stayed for two night this March. The inn is similar to many others in the area and is an older building. Our room was dated but had a fairly comfortable bed and clean. The downstairs has nice roaring fire at night, big tv, games and a pool table. Breakfast was continental and sufficient for a long day on the slopes.
We enjoyed our stay but would probably try someplace else next time just for a change

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival we were informed that unlike what was promised on their website there was NO complimentary full country breakfast but only continental breakfast!! After demanding a credit on our room rate we were told we could have scrambled eggs and toast. A far cry from what the website offered. The inn itself was convenient to the mountain and the room acceptable for the price HAD the promised full country breakfast been provided. Our decision to stay was made partly based on the complete offer stated on their website. Very disappointing.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2017

I was surprised to see some of the negative reviews regarding the Inn at Mount Snow. I returned here for a quick two day ski vacation with my brother. A major snowstorm had hit the area, and the skiing on Mount Snow was awesome.

One reasonable explanation for the poor reviews could be that this is a very basic hotel. It does not have a ton of amenities typically found in a larger, luxury hotel. But luxury is not what I wanted. I wanted a comfortable place to sleep, in a nice, convenient location where I was close to the mountain, and the Inn at Mount Snow delivered. You are so close to the mountain that you have an amazing view of Mount Snow from the main living room, and you can actually watch the skiers come down the mountain from there. The drive to the mountain from the inn is no more than five minutes - amazingly convenient.

The Inn offers a simple breakfast each morning, which I found more than adequate to keep me going on the ski slopes all morning, until it was time for lunch.

Our room was comfortable, warm and quiet, and we had no problem sleeping soundly each night. The bathrooms were clean, the staff was friendly, everything was great. And it was all very reasonably priced considering the great location near the mountain.

Lastly, one night when I was in the main living room, one of the staff members lit up the fireplace JUST FOR ME. There was nobody else in the room but me, and he built a fire and lit it up just for me. In my view, the staff there is doing a great job for the guests.

One suggestion I would make to management - more advertising. The nights my brother and I were there, the Inn was almost empty - even though the mountain was busy with lots of skiers. The Inn at Mount Snow must do more to attract guests during the peak ski season.

We would return again, absolutely.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Good location. Not ski on ski off. Supposedly there is a shuttle to the mountain, but I never saw it! My room had a great view of the mountain-#15

As entered the inn, I smelled a musty odor. I went to reception desk, rang the bell, and the inn attendant met me for check in. I was given a key and directions to my room. No offer to help me with my bags. It's just that kind of place....minimal service.

My room was clean, but freezing cold.
No thermostat in the room! Called inn attendant who came up and turned the heat on for the wing. Really?

A micro/retro color TV with ok reception.
A sink with no drain cover. 2 of the five Dresser drawers jammed shut unable to open. Thin bed covers with worn coverlet. Shower temp constantly needed adjustments to maintain temperature. The towels were thick and fluffy.
The walls are paper thin. At midnight I was awakened by the guest in the next room who was retching for 30 minutes.

Breakfast was ok. No fruit! Scrambled and hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, juice, bagels. Good coffee. Apres ski this place was dead. I asked the inn attendant for ice to add to a drink, and was initially told to buy a bag down the road. A cup worth? Then he went to his own personal freezer and brought me a cup of ice. A hotel without ice?

I would not return here. They do have 2 room suites for families, so if you are on a tight budget and can overlook what bothered me, this could be your spot, if the price is right. I paid $129/ night for a queen bed, private bath.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

This place feels run down, old and neglected. It definitely has the potential to be charming with the right touches and upkeep. I understand that management has recently changed, which explains why the reviews were so good before and was the reason for my choosing to stay here. In one review, I read that a "tasty" continental breakfast is included. I was perplexed when I saw that the breakfast was less than basic. There were some bagels, small boxed cereals, and hard boiled eggs. To drink there was juice, the hot water was just warm and the bad coffee that was in a large plastic dispenser ran out quickly with no one around to replenish it nor to clean up. There was another pot of old coffee which wasn't replenished either. The rooms were basically clean but could definitely use some updating (the window treatments were badly stained and frayed). The location is great- 3 minutes from the ski mountain. It's a shame that the level of this place dropped so much. If it were better managed, this is a place I'd come back to every year.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family