“Treated like royalty”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Escondido, California, United States
“Treated like royalty”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My daughter Jessica was married last week at Honora Winery in Vermont. We had lots of family attending from across the country. The Grand Summit Resort Hotel was our choice of residence for two nights. They also prepared the food for the Wedding reception and a brunch for our out of towners the morning after the wedding. Everything was superb. The food for the reception was transported from the hotel to the winery about 40 minutes away and was hot, fresh and delicious. The brunch was spectacular with a great variety including fresh fruits, breads, custom made omelets and more. The staff went out of their way to make our stay relaxing and fun. And this was all done in the midst of full occupancy due to the Tough Mudder taking place at the same time. Kudos to Grand Summit Resort. And especially to the catering staff.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Was attending a wedding during the weekend the Tough Mudders were in town, everything was well organized and there wasn't any problems with parking or getting around. They also have fun events like smores evening, or hiking, and yoga. Didn't have time to attend any of them because of the wedding but next time we'd love to come back for a vacation. The food in the restaurant is amazing, they have Vermont fresh produce and everything from the home made clam chowder to the Harvest salad with fresh grilled scallops was delish!

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My husband and I were doing the New England Tough Mudder and booked a 2-bedroom suite at the Grand Summit for the weekend. There were 3 adults and 1 child in our party. We had a GREAT experience at this hotel and can't wait to return. I'm a little baffled by some of the previous reviews. Obviously it's not a Four Seasons -- it's a New England ski lodge. And our expectations were low since it was an "event weekend" and the hotel was filled to capacity. But I must say, the hotel far exceeded our expectations in just about every way.

The suite was super roomy, comfortable, and well-appointed. I actually think the website does them a disservice -- the accommodations were much nicer than the description and pictures led me to believe. It's not necessarily luxurious, but I much prefer it to anything else we've seen in Dover (i.e. hundred year old B&B's in need of repair). We were very happy with it.

The service was outstanding. This was better service than I've had at some 5-star resorts. The staff seemed very prepared for the weekend and very organized. The front desk was friendly and helpful, housekeeping was very quick to bring extra towels, and even the staff keeping watch at the pool were making sure things ran smoothly.

We did not eat here, so I can't comment on the food. We took advantage of the kitchen and had breakfast in the suite, and then went out into Dover for other meals.

I loved this place. The hotel itself is nice, maybe unremarkable in some ways, but the service and the atmosphere made it very memorable. I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Mount Snow (or as a "home base" for any Southern VT vacation).

2 Thank travel141
east lansing, michigan
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The extended family will wrap up a week at Grand Summit. It has been a delightful stay. The grandchildren attended day camp while the adults did daily touring of the beautiful countryside.

Our respective one-bedroom suites were spacious and clean and we did use our kitchen to cook some basic meals. The restaurants nearby offer decent food fare at reasonable prices. The artisan cheeses and farm-frsh produce are excellent,

The hotel service has been both cordial and helpful.

I would recommend Grand Summit for family get-togethers.

Irvine, CA
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed here for a week in June 2012 for a scientific meeting. The property is lovely and the staff pleasant and helpful. My room was a small efficiency that had a Murphy bed (as did many others I am told). This thin mattress did not provide a great sleep experience. The curtains did a very poor job of blocking light which further impaired sleeping. The worst part of the stay was the food. In a word, it was abysmal. Perhaps the worst I have ever had at a conference. Overcooked, tasteless, and low quality are perhaps the most complimentary descriptors I can use. It was so bad, that I and several colleagues started having our lunch and dinners off site, despite that we had to pay extra.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
I appreciate that you took the time to detail your visit to the Grand Summit Resort. I am glad that the staff exceeded your expectation and hope you enjoyed all of the amenities from the outdoor heated pool & Spa to the mountain resort experience. As for the room experience, I will speak to our refurbishment team to review options that may be more appealing. I do apologize that you had issues with the food and can ensure you that we will make the necessary changes; had we heard this feedback during your stay we would have made the corrections immediately. Our standard is to provide an unsurpassed service to all of our guests and apologize that we did not meet this goal during your stay. I hope you will take the opportunity to visit us again and see that we can provide the service that you are looking for. Feedback like yours gives us the opportunity to build on a memorable guest service experience that we strive to create. Thank you again for your observations and I hope you will take the opportunity to visit us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
16.5 km away
4.7 km away
Deerhill Inn
Deerhill Inn
#1 of 12 in Dover

Been to Grand Summit Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK