West Dover Inn
Old Red Mill(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
Viking Motel(Wilmington)
US$ 90
Vintage Motel(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$ 84
Agoda.com
Black Bear Lodge(Stratton Mountain)
US$ 157
Motel 6 Brattleboro(Brattleboro)
US$ 66
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnorth suiteattached tavernwest doverguitar playerthe green mountain adventure challengemount snowraw bargave us a mapfun entertainmentoysterslong dayskeep coming backfollowing morningduckthe entire staffpleasure of stayingcozy fireplace
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Breakfast was very good, dinner in the inn's restaurant was delicious. Our room was spacious, although chilly at times and bathtub was small (old plumbing); guess its understandable with an old inn. Everything was otherwise clean and cozy. Innkeepers were very helpful and friendly, we loved the cheese and wine brought to our room. We did the Living Social offer which made for an incredible deal, and would likely go back without the deal too. We went in November, so were between seasons, but still found great hiking and day trips in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Let me start by saying I know it's a historic inn, and it's very old. I expected that. I was unimpressed with the service, however. Brian, was very nice and showed us to our room. That is where the service stopped. We were never asked how our stay was going, the woman at breakfast barely cracked a smile. Breakfast was very plain, things I could easily (and perhaps better) make myself. We went on a Living Social deal so tax and tip was not included in breakfast. The room was mostly what I expected. It seemed very clean and tidy. The gas fireplace worked well, but it got hot very quickly, so we didn't use it too much. The shower stall was ridiculously small. It was like a coffin. I think there was room in this bathroom for a larger stall. The water temp was like a roller coaster, hot, too hot, cool, cold all during 5 minutes. The mattress needs replacing badly. It was comfortable but we kept "rolling" into the valley in the middle. We stayed in Room 4 (Green Mountain) and room 5 is right next to it and you can hear EVERYTHING. When they opened their door I thought someone was coming into our room. The location of the inn is perfect, very close to Mount Snow and lots of other restaurants. At checkout I was never asked about my stay, how I liked it, if I enjoyed it, etc. I thought that was very rude. I do recommend the restaurant, but not the bar, it's VERY tiny and loud.

Room Tip: Don't choose rooms 4 or 5 if you want privacy!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank michelyn318
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Like many others, we had a Living Social deal that we used for a nice snowboarding weekend at Mt. Snow. Phil, the innkeeper, was very kind and showed us around the inn when we arrived. We stayed in the Green Mountain Room which was perfect for us...the fireplace made everything so nice and cozy. The dinner we had was yummy, but the breakfasts were delicious!

The charm of the inn made the whole weekend cozy. We loved the uneven floors, woodburning fireplace in the common room, and the wooden beams. The shower was a little tight, but we have been in MUCH tinier rooms/bathrooms at some inns so we were very happy with our room.

The proximity to Mt. Snow made getting to the slopes so easy. We did not receive a picnic lunch or small pizza that was listed in the original deal, but we were snowboarding at Mt. Snow all day so we wouldn't have used it anyways. After our tiring day on the hill, we came back, turned the fireplace on, and vegged out for the rest of the night...such a perfect getaway from our usual crazy life!

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed at the Inn in mid-January to go snowboarding at Mount Snow. I've never stayed at an Inn before, and I was very pleased with my stay. Upon checking in, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They walked us to our room and showed us around the Inn. We got to the Inn fairly late on Friday evening, and we were happy to see that the restaurant was open till 10pm for dinner. The food we had was extremely good. The menu is limited but the selection was great. The tavern was a nice little bar, perfect for having a drink after a day of skiing or winding down for the evening. Greg the bartender was very friendly, and gave us a lot of information about the area. Weekends have great live music, and unfortunately, we missed the magician on saturday night, but heard from others that he is amazing.

Our room was fairly small, but I had to remind myself that I'm staying at an Inn, and we did not get a suite. The room was a bit on the cold side at some times, but also need to remember you're staying in a house that was build in the 1800's, I'm sure they have some drafts, and it was -9 that night. Definitely will come back to this place again, as it was a great experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We spent a couple of nights here just to relax. The room was large and the bed comfortable. Phil, the inn keeper, was very helpful and provided directions to attractions in the area as well as local color. The inn is historic so floors are not even, which added to the charm. Our room had a gas fireplace which kept the room toasty warm and although there was baseboard heat in the room, it did not extend to the bathroom so that room was a bit chilly in the morning since it was at the opposite end of the room from the heat. We had purchased a package through Living Social so we had a picnic lunch included which was very handy when touring around as we stopped by the river to eat which added to the charm of the trip. The attached restaurant served amazingly good food. We will likely return again when we want to just get away and spend some time chilling out.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back will be quieter as the inn is on a main road.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple