Clay Brook at Sugarbush
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Spa
View Hotel
Rustic Restaurant and Motel(Northfield Falls)
Courtyard Middlebury(Middlebury)
Middlebury Inn(Middlebury)
View Hotel
All reviewstimbers restaurantski valetslope sideoutdoor poolhot tubs areamazing resortvalet servicemountain topmulti bedroomsummer weddinggas fireplaceonsite restaurantfour poster bedchez henriski resortnice perkan excellent experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The accomadations were very very comfortable and tasetfully decorated rooms. I love the feel of being next to the mountains but easy acess to the town of Waitfield. The only compliant is the Timbers Restaurant with is attached to the complex was not what I expected. The food was good but not excellent for the price and do not order the house wine which was terrible. The staff was scattered and we must have had four different waiters. I would recommend going into the Town of Waitsfied for your meals.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2011

...but we cheated and got spring prices. The rooms were impeccable. We got adjoining units that held 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths, 4 large flat screen TV's, a full kitchen, and a pull out sofa. It was pristine, brand new and a dream unit. I don't think I could afford it in season. We were placed just adjacent to the restaurant - frequently closed when we went. Free Keurig coffee at both ends, and because so few people were there, they let us park inside their garage. The staff could not have been more accomodating. Only 1 restaurant open at each meal, however, late in season. Food was quite good but service was slow. Outdoor pool was NOT heated once the high season is over leaving it relatively cold for April.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BixUS
Reviewed 18 April 2011

The room was beautiful, although not spacious, and very clean. The pool and hot tub were lovely. I hit average to bad customer service as every turn. The front desk gal hadn't smiled in days. The ski valet wasn't open when I wanted my skis (twice) so I had to wait. I had to get ice for my knee at the bar?? The best service was from the bell men but they are working for tips.. bummer, the pool for hiring good customer service people is slim in this part of VT. Actually this would make be stay somewhere else next time despite the lovely property.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2011

My husband and I loved visiting Sugarbush resort. The mountain has great skiing, and great views. We especially loved staying at the Clay Brook. The rooms had a wonderful Vermont feel and were very clean and comfortable, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend that anyone who visits Sugarbush should dine at Timber's restaurant. The food is delicious, the atmosphere is amazing, and the staff are friendly. I highly recommend eating at Timbers and staying at the Clay Brook.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ophilia13
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Got "stranded" at Clay Brook for an extra week due to the blizzard over Christmas 2010 during their busiest week of the year (Dec 26-Jan 1). While the rates were way out of the market (elevated due to the season of course), the experience was top notch. The staff were courteous and professional and they accommodated us for 5 extra days despite being 99% occupied. The ski school (private and group) and kids programs were fantastic. The design is great and finishes were simple but elegant. We are very discriminating travelers and were quite pleased with the experience. If you are a heavy shopper, however, the retail is virtually nonexistent. Have been coming to Sugarbush for many years and all the new development are welcome additions!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family