“Lovely hotel in the heart of Stowe”
Review of Green Mountain Inn

Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Leicestershire, UK
“Lovely hotel in the heart of Stowe”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This hotel was a very happy accident for me and my husband during a recent stay in Stowe. The hotel we were supposed to stay in for the 2 nights we were in town, really wasn't up to scratch and we decided to find an alternative. We arrived in the evening looking for a room and the guy on reception was so friendly and helpful we felt at home straight away. Given our poor experience with the other hotel he gave us a key to the room for us to view it before we agreed to take it. No comparison (he even gave us a discounted rate, despite us needing somewhere to stay).
Well decorated, clean, modern amenities, quiet air con, a jacuzzi and a separate sitting room (complete with another TV and DVD player). Heaven.
The bed was huge and extremely comfortable and we both felt very relaxed during our stay (my husband also had a massage at the hotel spa, which added to the whole experience). Stowe was a stop off on a tour of New England and one of the places we were going to be for more than one night, so it was a fab place to unwind before the next stint of driving we had coming up.
This hotel is right in the middle of the town and is close to the small boutiques if you want to have a wander around and there is plenty of parking available. Our room wasn't in the main part of the hotel and was set back from the main road, which made it very quiet. Free WIFI and coffee were added bonuses.
We also had dinner and Sunday brunch in The Whip restaurant that ajoins the hotel, which was also very good.
Thoroughly recommend this hotel and would certainly stay here again if we are lucky enough to be in Stowe in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Our family has stayed at the Green Mountain Inn twice and it has exceeded our expectations both times. The Inn is historic and charming yet updated, luxurious and modern! Our first visit was 4 years ago when our kids were 10 and 13 and we stayed at the Starr Apartment. WOW! We loved it - clean, modern and HUGE! Our second trip was a week ago and we stayed at the Pinnacle Apartment. We were not disappointed. Like the Star Apartment, the accomodations were very clean, the apartment had everything you could ask for and more! Flat screen tv's - 4 of them!, two fireplaces, huge jacuzzi tub ~ lots of space! Stowe is a great town to get away, relax and unwind. Great location for biking (Stowe recreation path is great!) and hiking (the jacuzzi felt awesome after a challenging hike up Mt. Mansfield) and also close to Burlington and Smuggler's Notch. I highly recommend the Sterling Pond trail at Smuggler's Notch ~ you will NOT be disappointed at the top!

Room Tip: Starr Apartment and Pinnacle Apartment are incredible. CLEAN, modern, HUGE ~ with all the amenities...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Mansfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Green Mountain Inn June 28-30 2012,The Inn is gorgeous.Its quiet even though its in the heart of Stowe.We had a Groupon and the Inn was more than the description.We stayed in the Mansfield House in a luxury suite.The canopy bed was very comfortable as well as the living room.The bathroom is spacious and even had a vanity.The outdoor pool area was very clean.THE ENTIRE iNN IS EXTREMLY CLEAN,
Tyler at the front desk was extremely helpful.We had breakfast in the diningroom and it was very good.Everything about our trip was fabulous.Would definately return again.
Sue from Mansfield Ma.

Room Tip: the luxury suite was worth the upgrade,
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My wife and I recently celebrated our One Year Anniversary at the Green Mountain Inn. Our experience was amazing! I stumbled across a Groupon for a "Two-Night Stay in a Luxury Room or Suite at Green Mountain Inn..." which saved us approximately 50% + on our stay. A note on the Groupon I chose: I chose the Luxury Room option because it was just my wife and I, and the difference was only $20. I did not need a room for 4+ people (which is what the suite offered). Every Luxury room and Suite was identical in amenities, except for the obvious size difference.

Using the Groupon for our stay was seamless. The staff at the reception area was more than cool. We arrived, headed straight to the front desk, and they let me print out my Groupon from a computer that was available for such occasions. There were no hidden fees; it was as it said it was on the Groupon. Since the Groupon was a prepaid deal, I owed nothing at check-out (unless I racked up any room service).

The room was fantastic! A king sized bed sat in the middle of the room facing a nice 32in (approx) flat screen television set (with surround sound). On the far wall was a working fireplace (with controls by the bed). And just around the wall as you entered was a huge double Jacuzzi hot tub. Perfect set-up, hands down.

The restaurant we dined at on the first night, The Whip Bar and Grill, was great. The food and drink were delicious. We ordered the seared duck plate and the quail salad and it was incredibly tasty. For breakfast, we ate at the Main Street Dining Room. The spread was plentiful and delicious. My only qualm the whole trip was the service at breakfast...it could have been more attentive. Other than that, no complaints!

We did not get to experience the spa services on this trip. But we certainly plan on coming back for the ski season to take full advantage!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This historic inn has been very well maintained and has all the modern amenities you could want, including AC, which, believe it or not, was much needed in mid-June when I was there for a night. Though the wall unit is a bit loud, it doubles as white noise, so you won't hear any potential traffic sounds. I had a standard room, which was the least expensive for my business trip, but it was plenty big even for a couple without a ridiculous amount of luggage. There are a couple of cozy sitting areas throughout the inn, so if you need more space, it's available.

I did not use the pool or other facilities, but the meals were wonderful. Get the $14 breakfast buffet (plus anything you want made to order). It will fill you up for the entire day and is the freshest, best breakfast buffet I've seen in this country. It included far too many breakfast sweets (including peach cobbler!) to enjoy. Dinner at the Whip was first class. Some local ingredients, good variety, reasonable prices, and the best rhubarb-strawberry cobbler I've had.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business