“Deserving it's No.1 status”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Green Mountain Inn

Green Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
“Deserving it's No.1 status”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit to the Green Mountain Inn and after a long tiring journey when we walked into reception we were greeted like old friends.
Our room was superb, a big 4 poster bed, with a fireplace and a huge bathtub. It was scrubbed clean everyday by housekeeping and special touches like the chocolates and cheese left for us were a real treat.
The breakfasts each day were a delight, Jane and Norman served the hot food with a friendly smile and although were busy in their duties had time to share local 'secrets' about places to eat and visit.
The pool and jacuzzi were always clean, warm and inviting after a day's skiing, biking or walking .
Every member of staff should feel proud that they work together to make all their guest feel like family.

Stayed March 2012
3 Thank NaughtyPP
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Rye NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I was traveling on business heading to Burlington VT from southern New England in late afternoon and decided to try staying in Stowe in lieu of Burlington. It is about 15-20 minutes off the Waterbury exit past the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream factory so just a little out of the way for Burlington but not much.

What a great decision! I booked into the Green Mountain Inn, it was during the week and they had a special running and for the price I get a basic room at the Courtyard or Sheraton in Burlington I had a beautiful room with spa tub and gas fireplace. Too bad I was alone but I really enjoyed it! I stayed in the Mill House but this place has tons of charm but it is not a little country inn. It is quite a large Inn with buildings all over and a very large main building. I noticed car license plates from Canada, NY, CT, MA, NH, RI and several from VA. I also heard people with british accents so the inn and area attract from all over.

The staff made me feel immediately like an old friend and the outdoor pool was warm and steamy and the work out room better than what I get at the business hotels I usually stay at. The inn is right down town, close to everything. I am a skier and checked out how close the resort is. I drove around the area, the resort is just up the road and tons of restaurants around the area. I hotel restaurant the Whip looked good so I ate at the bar and the service, food and draft beer selection was awesome.

Great value, really nice place! I will make this my regular place when I travel to No. VT on business and come back for family pleasure for sure!
CL

Room Tip: Check out the internet, I found the same price on the hotel website under specials as I did on Exped...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Craig L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

The hotel was easy to Access from both the highway and the airport. The room we stayed in a was a suite. The room was huge, had lots of natural light, a fireplace and a jacuzzi tub. The entire hotel was immaculate and charming. Breakfast was included but I would have paid for the perfectly prepared buffet with a full menu inluded as well. Stay away from the pancakes. They were rubber though.

It was 10 minutes from the mountain and right in the heart of town. Although I found no drawbacks to staying here, I would advise that there were no elevators in the guest house if you don't get a first floor room, whicch we did not. There are a lof stairs at this hotel. Also, you have to go between buildings for events and meals, if someone was less physically able, it could be an issue. I would stay here again...and again.

• Stayed February 2012
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I read the special on the Internet for a luxury room. We had a wonderful large room with jacuzzi, large bed and fireplace. The price was as advertized on the Internet. We ate a wonderful meal at the Whip restaurant and got a reduction for a massage, that I could not resist. It was fantastic! The pool was warm. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fallforest
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

When we arrived at the Green Mountain Inn we were greeted at reception by Paul. A very courteous welcome and in no time we were assigned our room. We had booked a Luxury room ; Paul seeing we were accompanied by our 12 years old daughter offered us an upgrade to the Luxury Suite with a Sofa Bed. This was very much appreciated. Paul also took the time to give us a map of the surroundings and the things to do and where to eat.
We headed over to the Mansfield House where the suite was located (the parking is close by and FREE) – the room was beautiful and everything was just perfect ! You may read in some reviews that to access the Mansfield House you have to walk outside, but this wasn’t an issue for us especially the walk is maximum 5 minutes to go to the gym & pool or to the restaurant near the lobby.
We really appreciated the fact that the Inn is very well located close to different activities. You have the Recreation Path which starts just in the back of the church parking lot, and the Jackson arena where you can go skating – all in walking distance from the Inn ; very convenient. You also have several restaurants you can choose from again all around the Inn.
We enjoyed the outdoor pool at night ; this was a lot of fun and very relaxing. Only comment, would be to be very careful once you are off the black rubber mats as the cement floor can de slippery.
The DVD system in the Suite is also very convenient and it was fun to watch some movies all together. The room service was also very efficient ; I don’t know how they did it but it seems like if they knew when we were stepping out for an hour or two and they would come and clean the suite.
The WIFI was very convenient and the signal was very good. A hint for some travellers, you may want to turn off your firewall protection to enable yourself to connect. My anti-virus wouldn’t let me connect until I turned off the firewall. Once connected you can activate your firewall back on.
Once again I wish to thank the Green Mountain Inn staff and especially Paul for making our first visit a memorable one. We will be back !

Room Tip: The rooms at the Mansfield House are great, but you have to accept to walk outside maximum 5 minutes...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family