18 people are viewing this hotel
$456
Free cancellation until 09/10/22
$456
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$439
Free cancellation until 08/10/22
Travelocity$456
Priceline$504
Trip.com$769
3,859 results
All reviews ski valet timberline studio valet staff ski school one bedroom suite gondola ride beautiful resort off season ski resort heated pool top notch full kitchen mount mansfield new england fitness center solstice hourglass
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 January 2022

You will pinch yourself to be sure you’re not dreaming as you discover this magical resort. It’s a fabulous escape for singles, friends or families with something for everyone. From the beautifully appointed rooms to the gorgeous lobby hangout to the ski valet to the heated pool and double hot tubs not to mention the spa and the fantastic restaurants—this place has is a wonderland. The unassuming luxury feel will delight you and keep you going back!

Reviewed 30 January 2022

Our experience was not great! It is terribly over rated! Check in and check out is a major cluster- terribly unorganized. It is a beautiful setting and is ski in and ski out, but I don’t think the hotel lives up to their reputation!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2022

Booked through American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts (FHR). No upgrades - front desk claimed that none were available, but the hotel was very obviously operating at less-than-full capacity (i.e., I could still book upgraded rooms online by the time I checked in and the parking lots had many free spaces).

Stayed for two nights in October 2021. Property was average to good. Many amenities were closed for the season, which is understandable (but the amenity fee is the exact same). Seems like they were constantly understaffed in the restaurants and front desk, which is also maybe understandable. Quality of on-site dining was decent.

Upon check out, I received a folio indicating that my stay was "paid in full."

My main issue is that on New Year's Eve I received multiple charges from this property totaling over $300. I contacted the property and received an explanation that they had made an accounting mistake, and am presented with a new folio with new charges. Turns out the property simply edited the previous folio that indicated that my stay was "paid in full." I tried to maintain contact with the property via email, but they have been unresponsive after my initial contact by phone and follow-up email. I would try to call to get this issue resolved, but frankly I'm not going to wait on hold for another hour.

I'm not sure what the issue is here. Either the hotel has incompetent accounting such that they charge guests for stays over two months after checking out because they could not do it correctly the first time (and do not indicate there is a problem until the charges hit your credit card), or they have decided to try to charge me more to make more profit. Either way, it does not reflect well on the property and I cannot recommend it.

PROS: Decent location. Decent restaurants on site. A bit isolated, but that's exactly what you should expect.

CONS: Bad accounting/administrative practices. Watch your credit card statements after you check out, they might be charging you more months later.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 30 January 2022

Frankly, we were concerned with choosing this resort based on many recent uneven reviews, with some being blisteringly bad. We need not have been concerned. Every element of our recent stay was superb.

My wife and I were in with our grandson for three nights midweek. We enjoyed our stay in a one bedroom suite with a splendid view of Mt. Mansfield. Every employee encounter was happy and helpful. Our direct touchpoints included: guest services, bellman services, valet parking, housekeeping, restaurants, spa services, and ski valet.

Our room was very comfortable with a great "lodge" vibe. We did think the furniture was a tad dated, but all in all it was a great room. Extremely clean and well-appointed. The towels were oversized and plush. The King bed was very comfortable, and even the sleeper sofa was comfortable. There was no noise, and even on the cold and windy nights we were warm and toasty.

Our 4-year old grandson enjoyed two days of beginner ski school. All the instructors were so friendly and definitely got him off on the right ski. I skied as well, and enjoyed 2 1/2 days of no lift lines, excellent skiing conditions, and a well-maintained ski mountain. No wonder Stowe receives such high marks in the ski world. My wife enjoyed a spa treatment and a snowshoe outing. Because of our grandson's young age, we choose to dine in for most breakfasts and dinners, but one early evening did enjoy excellent food and service in the new Alpine Hall. The Ski Valet and the associated ski in / ski out accomodations made our stay even more enjoyable and provided for more time on the slopes and less time dealing with hassles of getting to and from the slopes.

Hyatt Spruce Peak is highly recommended, and I don't see why we won't return next year and do it all over again.

Reviewed 28 January 2022

Love the Lodge at Spruce Peak. An absolutely beautiful property, centrally located for skiing and other activities at Stowe. All the amenities of the resort are readily at hand, either in the building or very close by.

1  Thank CSS1964