“Luxury and great service - a winning combination!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Stowe Mountain Lodge
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York
“Luxury and great service - a winning combination!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband and I had a great experience at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Every single person I dealt with was very courteous and very professional from the moment we checked in. I am a stickler for service, especially when I am going to a nice resort and paying premium prices for a room and views - and Stowe Mountain Lodge did not disappoint! Every request we had was responded to very quickly. The spa was amazing (and we had quite a few spa treatments during our stay). The Alpine Concierge was a huge help with all of our requests - from activities to restaurants, where to buy groceries, and they even got me some tea bags late at night when everything at the lodge was closed (sometimes it's the little things that make a difference). There is a daily fee for valet parking - but in my opinion it was SO worth it. I never had to wait more than a few minutes for the car to be pulled up, and to be able to get in a warm car when it's really cold out is priceless (the cars are kept in an indoor garage, so they stay warm). You can get your car in and out as many times as you want for the daily fee, and the valets were all very friendly, professional, and helpful. We stayed in an Alpine Studio with a mountain view and I thought everything about it was great. It had a full kitchen (full size gas stove, full size dishwasher, smaller size fridge and freezer - but perfectly efficient for what you need) - you could have cooked every meal in the room if you wanted to.

If I had to give a criticism, the only thing I would say is that the bed was a little firm for me. I'm not downgrading my rating for that though, because that is such a personal preference.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed at the Stowe Mountain Lodge the weekend after President's Day to beat the crowds. The hotel was still pretty full -- lots of kids and the hotel is super pet friendly but both kids and pets were kept under control.

Rooms were gorgeous, food is above average and refreshing. Not just standard ski resort fare. Breakfast was amazing, the buffet is robust but if you are looking for an more economical option ordering a la carte is actually a great deal.

Ski concierge and bell service was thorough and professional upon our arrival. We never had to lift a finger and our skis were brought outside for us the next day. The lines do get long during the morning rush and you have to fight through people pestering the ski valets which really gums up the works.

Took us about 30 minutes to check out -- we were assured that our skis, boots and luggage would be brought to our car. Note: the hotel offered to hold our stuff while we skied the last day after our official check out at 11am. Surprisingly nothing made it to our car and nobody had any idea where our stuff was. After asking 3 different attendants one actually tracked down our luggage while I proceeded to valet our skis and boots which were left at the ski check,

I would have been more upset by this misstep if the rest of the weekend wasn't so amazing. Definitely planning on coming back next year!

Room Tip: Book packages -- got the ski and stay and received breakfast for 2 each day (up to $50 a day) and a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tina S
Norfolk, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Before picking up my son at college, I decided to take a two day retreat on my own to get some much needed R&R. LOVE this place! Staff is very friendly, food is good (although restaurant options are limited) and the rooms are yummy. Mine had a great bathroom, luxurious sheets and a fireplace. (Plus free wi-fi...always bugs me when you pay for a room and then have to pay more for internet.)

This was my second time as I'd been last fall with my son over parents weekend. Expensive, but definitely rejuvenating!

Room Tip: Ask specifics about the mountain view because some have a real view and others not-so -much.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StoweMountainLodge, Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Welcome back! We are always so pleased to hear people feel they can escape and rejuvenate here. We hope to welcome you AND your son back again soon!
Regards,
Heinrich von Puschendorf
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

This resort is worth every penny. The rooms and hotel is beautiful. I would say that it is definitely worth paying the extra money for a suite in order to have the fireplace and dishwasher- kitchenette. Things to note that were disappointing was that although they make you pay for their valet parking and tell you that you will be in a heated indoor garage- that is not the case. They do not have nearly enough space to accommodate all the guests cars and hence you might find your vehicle parked in their overflow lots. If you ask me I think that they should pro-rate this for guests because I found it unacceptable to pay for covered parking only to find that my car was parked outside, where I could have parked it myself and not paid $19 to do so. Other than that minor issue, everything was wonderful. My stay was perfect and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. Tips would be to ask for a room in the main annex of the hotel if you don't want to be walking too far. Also, before you go swimming make sure to have a towel. Twice I got out only to discover that there weren't any waiting because there were so many people at the pool. That said, the swim from inside-outside access was awesome,and made the transition in the cold much more tolerable. They also had free lockers for guests to place their valuables while they were enjoying the facilities. Again, definitely worth spending the extra money, worth every penny, the perfect getaway. Staff is more than willing to take care of all your needs and requests. Rooms are large and comfortable.

Room Tip: Not exactly ski in-ski out. Have to take a gondola and transfer to other gondola after that. Still...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Medford, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

My family stayed at Stowe Mountain Lodge for the second time and it was just as exceptional as the first! The staff always make you feel so welcome from the minute you arrive.Both resturants are fit for foodies and the service is just great!
It is the best Ski in ski out place on the East!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family