“Nice for the kids but too pricey”

Gentle Giants Sleigh and Carriage Rides
Ranked #18 of 59 things to do in Stowe
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Nice for the kids but too pricey”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

After many trips up to Stowe over the years my wife and I took our kids for a sleigh ride. Since we were staying at Topnotch, we decided to go with Gentle Giants which is right across the street from the resort. We had a private sleigh and the ride lasted about 20 minutes. While the scenery was beautiful and the staff friendly, paying $136 for a family of four is nuts. When a carriage ride in Central Park is $50, paying almost 3x is not worth it...but, they know they have you and when you're paying $300 a day for your family to ski, what's another $150 to put the cherry bombs on the little ones faces?

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Mark K
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Milnathort Uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Don't miss it”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Although this time we travellrd in a carriage as opposed to the sleigh, it was every bit as enjoyable. We all will return next time we visit Stowe.

Visited November 2011
Woburn ma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“what a beautiful time!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2011

we had out first sleigh ride at Gentle Giants a few days ago. It was the most sweet & lovely ride you could imagine. The trainer was a kind man who had a very special relationship with our horse "Jack". Such nice people run this place, very nice this to experience. Would go back in a flash!

Visited April 2011
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Way Overpriced!!!”
Reviewed 1 March 2011

My husband and I went on a sleigh ride over the President's Day weekend. They charged us $64 and they took us out for 17 minutes!!!!! This was not worth the money. We could have walked the REC path and saw exactly the same scenery! The timing could easily be extended, even if they do the trail twice...at least you would feel like you were getting your money's worth. We also stayed in the area and passed several times and they were never busy. I guess some people were smarter than us!

Visited February 2011
1 Thank godmother630
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jingle Bells the song in real life”
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I love horses and going on a sleigh ride was definitely on my list of things to do. Since GG only does this and has a broad range of times for private rides, my boyfriend and I chose to go here. My boyfriend wasn't as excited as I was for the ride, but I dragged him along anyway.

The sleigh ride was wonderful going through the woods and open fields with two horses pullying the cute red sleigh adorned with bells with the snow softly falling all around us. My boyfriend now cannot stop talking about what a good time he had and how much he enjoyed the experience. I was so happy that he loved the ride as much as I did.

When we got home, we told his parents about the ride and how much we enjoyed the ride and we all broke into Jingle Bells.

Visited January 2011