“Consistently good food and service!”

Sunset Grille & Tap Room
Ranked #20 of 104 Restaurants in Stowe
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Northern style Southern BBQ, family restaurant and sports bar. House smoked and cured meats. Casual, friendly and fun atmosphere. Craft beers and cocktails, Outdoor patio, tiki bar, and backyard with volleyball, badminton, horseshoes, and corn hole! Big Screen TV's, Direct TV, NHL, NFL, MLB. Great kids menu, Award winning BBQ, Burgers, Wings, and Steaks! "You Can't Beat that Flavor" Just off the Mountain Road - We're worth looking for!
Reviewed 5 June 2017

My wife and I travel to Stowe a couple of times a year, and we usually stop at Sunset Grille, which is conveniently located behind the Alchemist Brewery. We've never had a bad meal here. Rather rustic atmosphere, it seems to be a hangout for the locals. The filet mignon served on a hot stone is excellent-as long as you don't mind playing with your food a bit. Great beer selection, reasonable prices.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Had lunch at the Sunset Grille and Tap Room Today. Both my wife and I ordered their Reuben sandwich. Has to be the Best Reuben in Vermont. If you go to Stowe, stop at the Sunset Grille and Tap Room for Lunch, and order the Reuben sandwich

Nancy M, Owner at Sunset Grille & Tap Room, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thanks for the nice review. So glad you enjoyed your lunch with us. Did you have the Kelly Rueben or the Brisket Rueben? Both are very good!

Reviewed 2 May 2017

We were STARVING and had just a bit of time so we stopped in to grab take out and a beer. I immediately realized that this is a hang out for locals and I could see why. Great beers on tap, good food and a nice comfortable atmosphere with great service. I would come back here in a heartbeat. Take out was amazing. It never stood a chance!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We went here for some dinner, was nice that the seating area was a little bit away from the bar. The food was absolutely insane!! I have never been defeated by a salad but I did this time! My other half had a huge bbq platter was worth every penny. The waiter was clearly exhausted but tried his hardest bless him. Well worth a trip.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

What a great place to pass a cool damp weekend day at...lots of good cold beer on tap and a great kitchen of grilled and pub treats.
We end up here at least once or twice during our week in Stowe and have tried most of what is on the menu...the bbq ribs and chicken , burger plates and chicken wings are bang on excellent.
The place is always full, but the service is always fast and friendly...and they never rush you!!!
Love this place!!!

Nancy M, Owner at Sunset Grille & Tap Room, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to write that awesome review. It made my day! So glad you and your husband enjoy the Sunset Grille. So nice to hear from some return customers, we appreciate your patronage. Thanks again!