“wonderful wedding and stay”

Town & Country Resort Motor Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I recently had my wedding reception held here and then spent the night there along with many of my wedding guest (some spent several nights prior to the wedding here as well). Judging from everything they told me, I speak for us all when I say I loved staying here! The rooms were cleaning and plenty big enough. I rented out every room in the pool building for my bride and I and several of our friends and bridal party (other guest stayed in the main part of the inn). This worked out awesome because they have a huge balcony coming off the second floor as well as a nice sized 'common area' inside where we were able to unwind and be social together. I didn't get a complaint from any family or friends.

The wedding itself was perfect thanks to town and country- Rich and Millie (and others) were there to provide quick responses to any questions I had and was able to make all aspects I wanted at my wedding come to life (having a piano tuned and ready for my brother to play out first dance, having access to a portable projection screen so I could have a slide show running, red napkins, etc, etc) The food was delicious (LOVE the cheese fritters with Vermont cheddar) and presentation was nice, staff was friendly throughout the day.

We had breakfast there the following morning and that was just as good with a wide variety of breakfast options for guest that stayed and they let guest who didn't stay there still join us (at their expense for breakfast)

I only gave spa and fitness center an average rating because I did not use or see them, I was too busy, so I didn't want to say they were good or bad, I am sure they are quite nice though.

All in all, A+ experience. I recommend for a nice stay in stowe and/or a wedding reception site.

Thanks guys!
Ryan and Bonnie

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Town & Country Resort Motor Inn

Reviewed 26 September 2011

The price was good for this area & it should be no surprise that this resort is a few decades overdue for a major update. I had stayed here before in one of the rooms attached to the main building and although it smelled a little bit, it was otherwise clean & comfortable. So I thought that I would stay here again in 2011.

This turned out to be a big mistake. We were placed in the annexe to the side with the pools. This whole building smelled awful (including our room), there were cobwebs on the windows & the ceilings, and we just didn't feel comfortable at all. In fact we almost considered leaving and finding another place, but in the end $115 was too much money for us to just waste, so we reluctantly stayed for the night.

If you really cannot find accommodation elsewhere in Stowe, then I advise that you check your room first before parting with your money.

• Stayed: September 2011
skinutstowe, Manager at Town & Country Resort Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. This is the first I heard of these complaints from you, hopefully you did let someone know at the front desk, if I had known about this I would have looked into the complaints and try to rectify them immediately. I do not know when you were here or which room you were in, as I can not determine this from your review. As for a smell present "throughout the whole building" I am not aware of any offensive smell throughout the building. We have many guests that enjoy the Pool building rooms and request them year after year, particularly for their privacy and extra space in the rooms.
Please let us know next time so we can take care of the situation. My family has owned and operated this property for quite some time and take pride in our guests satisfaction. We are sorry your stay was not up to your expectations.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

This motel was fine. The rooms were a bit dated and the wallpaper in the bathrooms should be redone, but the room was clean and fine.
The motel isn't really walking distance to anything, but its only a short ride into the main area of Stowe.
The motel offers a free breakfast in what looks like a reception hall. There was only one waitress, but she did fine, and the food was ok. Nothing fancy, but nothing to complain about either.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rob_hanson1979
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Affordable place to stay when you just need a clean place to drop off your stuff & get out for the day. There are two large pools (one indoor with a hot tub & one huge outdoor).Lovely buffet breakfast.is served on lower level. Easy access to bike path & main street. Good value .....

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Travel all over New England and this place was very nice...was clean and a decent size TV--nice ground---nice pool---wifi worked and was "High speed"-- breakfaast was not the typical stale bagel they actual served you breakfast FREE.. you could order off the menu and a waitress served you .. FREE---- towels were not scratchy (like a resort I stayed at in Lincoln NH) --will stay here again for business.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business