“No frills skiers Inn is a good value”
Review of Commodores Inn

Commodores Inn
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
NYC
“No frills skiers Inn is a good value”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My 8 yo son and I stayed here march 3 and 4 to ski Stowe. My son loved the place but commented that the beds are hard. This Inn is a typical old style skiers Inn. No frills. Our room was clean, and the room felt cozy but anyone wanting romance, upscale bedsheets, tasteful decor, Molton brown bath soaps, etc., will be sorely disappointed. I wasn't expecting anything like that and was pleasantly surprised at all the fresh fruit for breakfast. I got a good deal and might stay here again. My only real complaint was that there were 3 busloads of drunken college kids here this weekend who monopolized all three hot tubs and raged into the wee hours of the night. kinda brought me back to my youth though, so I couldn't be too mad. If I was 22 I would definitely come here again, and again.

Room Tip: I had the handicapped room since the rest of the inn was sold out. It has a view of a wall and the...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank NYCityKitty
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed one night after getting a deal on an independant website, for the price we payed it wasn't bad but we would have been a little disapointed if we had paid normal full price.
Rooms were clean & comfortable but very dated!
Afternoon tea and cookies were tastym
Staff were friendly & helpful.
Breakfast wasn't included for us but we paid $10 extra each and it was good, lots of fresh fruit, some less sugar - filled cereals would be good though.
I would go again if the price was discounted but wouldn't pay full price.

Room Tip: Rooms 226 and 227-avoid, and perhaps others. They are above the lobby meaning you hear people coming...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nia V
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Each year my ski club stays at The Commodores Inn. Carrie and Bruce provide the best accomodations, food and lodging. They and their staff are always available for help and are congenial at all times. The Commodores Inn is convenient to town as the free town shuttle starts here. The Inn has a relaxed homey atmosphere. Not only do they have an indoor pool, but hot tubs and sauna. It is truly an all inclusive hotel and at a very good value. I have recommended this Inn to many people, none of whom have been disappointed.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This is for the group leaders out there:

First of all - I can't stress enough how easy it was to work with Ski 93 as a tour provider - John (owner of Ski 93), personally recommended the Commodores and our trip could not have turned out better.

The rooms: clean and comfortable

The service: friendly and accommodating

The buffet breakfast and dinner: OUT OF THIS WORLD! Do not pass up the meals here. This is where the WOW factor comes in for The Commoddores Inn! I can't begin to decribe how incredible the food and service. The wait staff and dining hall managers were so helpful when trying to accommodate our large group in one location - and were prepared for a group our size. For breakfast...fresh fruit, crispy bacon, vermont maple syrup, french toast, oatmeal...etc. For Dinner - to mention some of the highlights - Beef tendeloin carved right in front of you, Maple glazed salmon, incredibly fresh salad bar, sweet potatoes....etc!!

The Bar: It has a local vibe to it. Stick around for a few and get to know the bar tender and other patrons and you will share more than a few laughs. Also, if you are looking for places to meet other ski bums, Stowe has so many just a short cab ride away.

As a group leader, at the end of the day, all I need to know is that my students are comfortable, safe, well fed, and are able to spend some R & R time in the Jacuzzi/Pool. The Commodores Inn met and exceeded those expectations for a group of our size.

Bonuses: The Stowe Shuttle (Free) services the Commodores Inn.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me through Facebook: Saade At EF or to see photos of our trip on the facebook page check it out here: www.facebook.com/efboston

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Inn during the week before Presidents Day weekend. It was nice and clean along with exceptional breakfast included with our stay each of the 4 nights! Also it was nice of them to be pet friendly since we brought Daizie (our baby little dog).
She felt comfortable and was nice to know she was welcomed too.
The Staff was nice and always with a smile. I cannot remember their names, but the breakfast staff & host was pleasant to chat with and felt like family at the breakfast table. We will surely stay here again when we come up to do more skiing and visit family!

Room Tip: Ask for a non connecting room if not needed. Could here persons next door thru connecting door two o...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple