Northern Lights Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Edson Hill(Stowe)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubfrench toastindoor poolhomemade muffinscookiesski clubhot breakfastroom was clean and comfortablebuffet stylehome frieswasher and dryerstayed for one nightgreat place to staynice breakfastlaundry roomhot ciderfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Very comfortable and gets the job done for what you need in ski country. No bells and whistles. Bed was comfy, shower was hot, towels were clean and the breakfast is superb. When I'm in ski country I'm not there for the hotel experience, I'm there for the snow. Even on the latest trip when the snow was not wonderful, the hot tub, indoor pool, sauna, and especially the homemade cookies make it all worthwhile. If value = price vs. amenities, this place is a good value.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

For the last 4 years, I have been the trip leader bringing my Ski Club up to ski Stowe and stay at the Northern Lights. We range anywhere from 60-80 people each year, and each year we love coming back. After my first 2 years of doing this trip, Mike and Shannon (the innkeepers) bought the place and took over. They do everything possible to make sure you are happy and comfortable with your stay. Take it from someone who knows, that they are great at accommodating groups. When you come and stay at the Northern Lights, it feels more like staying with family than it does a hotel. We stay at a lot of different places each ski season, and this one by far has the best breakfast. Everything is hot and made fresh each morning. The indoor pool and hot tub area is great for relaxing and sharing stories of the day. The bridge feature over the pool to get to your room is a feature that wont be soon forgotten once you leave. Each room is unique and quite large compared to most of the places we stay. The grounds are nice too, and the property is on a brook running along the back of the property. You are also walking distance from the Matterhorn Bar and Restaurant, and a convenience store. Easy trip to the mountain in the morning on the shuttle that picks you up right across the street. Ever since they took ownership, they have been constantly upgrading and renovating the hotel, and there are some nice surprises waiting for us each year we return. Without a doubt, when we plan on visiting Stowe, we plan to stay at this lodge.

Room Tip: Rooms located in the back building are along the stream running along the property. The family room and efficiencies are great if you have more than 2 people or a family wanting to stay together.
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is the third time I've been to this hotel with my ski club. For our most recent stay, we had 80 people on our trip, and the owners and staff accommodated us well. The rooms were clean, and the breakfast buffet is probably one of the best I've had in Vermont. In the evening, they let us use their spacious common area for our Apre Ski party.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

After staying in many hotel/inns near all VT ski mountains this is the best deal by far. I love an afternoon arrival to homeade cookies made by the owners to the FABULOUS breakfasts they make as well. Rooms are clean and the hot tub is a great way to relax after a day of skiing. I always know it will be a great stay here and the owners, Mike and Shannon are so friendly and take great pride in the lodge. We had a ski club of 80 people that took over the hotel and things could not have been smoother. Mountain is quick shuttle ride to mountain. You will not be dissapointed!

1  Thank carrie s
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The Northern Lights Lodge was the perfect, affordable option for our ski trip to Stowe. The lodge is only a 5 minute drive or a short shuttle ride to the mountain. Our room was very spacious and there was a wonderful charm about the place. The complementary breakfast buffet was delicious and had enough options to make everyone in our group happy. There is a beautiful dining/bar area where we ate dinner and hung out by the fireplace. The lodge does not have a liquor license, but you can always BYOB!

The innkeepers are friendly and attentive and they will go out of their way to make sure that their guests are satisfied. In fact, my friends and I were using the hot tub and we thought that it was too hot when we first got in. We asked innkeeper Mike if there was anything he could do to cool it down and he said of course! Apparently, the night before another guest had asked him to turn up the temperature on the hot tub because he had thought it was too cold. I really appreciate how accommodating Mike was to us and to his other guest.

In talking with the innkeepers, we learned that they are relatively new owners and are actively working to upgrade the place. I think that they have priced fairly considering this and the lodge was a great option for what we wanted which was an affordable trip to Stowe.