“another nice stay”

Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Stowe
Reviewed 30 April 2012

we stayed here last weekend. it's the 3rd. yr.we came to celebrate my wifes birthday and our friends at the stoweflake, once again, did not disappoint.. the hotel was busy yet we never felt crowded and it was always quiet. the spa as always was wonderful.breakfast both days was nice and we had a fun happy hour in the bar one afternoon.the bar special sangria was tasty.i only would say the choice of music in the restaurant area could be better, nitpicking here,just the small things make good ...great .nice fireplace in several locations. nice afternoon tea,my wife enjoyed. lots of walking room ... the little 9 hole course was open early this year. stowe is a fun town and the stoweflake is our home base for keeps when we visit. thanks for the hospitality !!

Room Tip: we love the rooms with a fireplace ...also one side of the property has amazing view of mount mansfi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear stevenclark_10,

We so appreciate your taking the time to write a review on our staff and property. It’s wonderful to hear from a repeat guest and that you chose Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa for your wife's birthday getaway. Please don't ever hesitate to let us know about the small things, they really do count! It's a great privilege for us to continue to provide you with excellent service whether you’re here for business or pleasure. We hope to see you again soon!

Sheri Baraw Smith, General Manager, VP, Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa, sherib@stoweflake.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We were originally going to stay at Stowe Mountain Lodge to be right next to the slopes but due to the crazy heat wave we no longer felt that was necessary. I booked with Stoweflake instead and I have to say I'm really glad we did.

ROOM:
We got a Luxury 2 Queen room and with 4 guys it was a decent amount of space. The beds were comfortable and the tv channel selection was good. I will say they need to upgrade to some flat screen tv's cause CRT's are just a thing of the past now. Also, I couldn't get a connection to their WiFi but my phone service had no issues so I was able to survive on that front.

SERVICE:
The staff was quite friendly and the cleaning service was good. I will say I was confused by the trash cans since they had a sign on them to recycle but they didn't have a separate recycling can. We ended up leaving all our empty plastic/glass bottles on the wet bar for them to eventually pick up?

AMENITIES:
Now this is where I was nicely surprised. First, they offer complimentary Green Mountain coffee in the hallway outside of their 2 restaurants. That was a nice way to start our mornings. Also, the outdoor and indoor pools were clean and the outdoor jacuzzi was nice and large to accommodate at least 10 people. The added sauna, steam rooms, and large locker rooms were a plus and the game room with a ping pong table, pool table, playstations, and board games were all nice bonuses!

Even though the snow conditions weren't that great, the stay at the Stoweflake help make up for it with the great rate (they had a promo going on for buy 2 nights and get the 3rd night free) and the great amenities. I'll definitely look to return the next time I'm in Stowe!

Room Tip: Seems like any room would be fine. Depends on whether you want to be closer to the restaurants, to...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank pauly815
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Loved every part excpt the breakfast which was consistently undermanned and disappointing. Otherwise great place, many facilities all clean and well maintained

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed here for a conference in February. The hotel is very cozy...the rooms beautiful, with most of them having a gas fireplace. The first night we ate at Charlie B's Pub (a hotel restaurant) and had bad service. The waiter was slow...food came out slow. However, the food and drinks were delicious, so we let it slide. The last day of the conference, 6 of us went to grab lunch at Charlie B's again before we left for a long drive home. THe service this time was awful! The waitress barely came to our table to take our orders...wouldn't make eye contact with us to even get her attention. When she finally came over, she was not very friendly and it took almost 45 minutes for all of the food to come out. All in all, we ended up sitting there for 2 1/2 hours for a lunch that was supposed to be quick so we could hit the road. We all left the hotel very disgruntled after that.

That being said...a few other positives about the place. THhy have snow shoe rentals which was a lot of fun...beautiful grounds. ALos, the spa was top notch...one of the best spas I've ever been in. Beautiful facilities....waiting area with lounge chairs and cold cucumbers for your eyes. A great massage therapist. Then, a large communal mineral bath, jacuzzi, and waterfalls that a bunch of us girls hung out in for over 2 hours. Very very relaxing....also had everything needed to shower...shampoo/conditioner/soap, hairdryers, combs, q-tips, lotion.....everything!

This hotel is great for it's rooms, location, and spa...not so great for restaurant service (but again, food was very good).

While in Stowe, I would recommend eating at the Whip Bar and Grill in the Green Mountain Inn....excellent food and service. But make reservations...the place is popular!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kakipants
Reviewed 9 March 2012

So I would never recommend the Stoweflake to anyone after my experience today. When there is an issue they are so rude, and they do nothing about it. I was unable to take a shower in my room cause the shower was broke so they told me I could go take a shower in the gym room. Then when I go to check out all they tell me they can do is 20% off my next stay with them. I will never stay again. They are so terrible it disgusts me. The spa is the only good thing about that place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends