All reviewsgiant hot tubblow dryerheat lampworked finepleasant stayfresh fruitski seasonshort drivebackyardskiingjetslawnbrewlodgingwinterindoorvermont
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We had a room facing the back of the hotel. I almost wished the rooms didn't have AC because all of the noise those make outdoors. You can barely hear the crickets anymore.
Room was very clean. I was impressed.
The pool and the hot tub (pictured) were awesome. Really nice views of the property from them.
It's just a great retreat. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank andychiry
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I didn’t like this hotel because I felt unsafe and didn’t feel like the getaway I wanted. I could barely open the door because it was broken. Once inside the room I see giant sliding glass doors all connected to different rooms by balconies. It felt like a weird setup for strangers to have giant windows facing each other, despite the option to close the shades and shutout any sunlight. The door lock was extremely difficult to lock and unlock even if I wanted to go outside. I could barely get a tv connection and it was horrible when I did. The furniture and bathroom were squeaky and dated. Three stars because the staff were polite, the hotel was quiet, they have a basketball hoop and a hot tub.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2018

When in Stowe I always stay here. The room aren't really fancy but they are clean. Some have upgrades in tv and a few have mini fridges. They offer a nice little breakfast in a large dining room. If you like hot tubs, they have the best in town, along with a heated indoor pool and sauna room. The views out the back along the stream are very peaceful. The Mountaineer is located right at a connection to the Rec path and next door to a shop where you can rent a bicycle or skis in the winter.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2018

I have stayed here 10 times. Lovely staff, amazing hot tub and pool! The grounds are beautiful. Would have given 5 stars except for the awful old televisions. Picture is blurry, screen is small. Color is terrible. Upgrade the televisions and the hotel would be great! Also love that the hotel is pet friendly

Room Tip: Rooms facing the stream aee best
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
MountaineerInn802, Front Desk at The Mountaineer Inn at Stowe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Hello there,
We thank you so much for your kind review of our Inn. We work hard to provide the best experience for our guests, at a budget friendly cost. You will be thrilled to hear that we are in the process of switching over to flat screen TV's, with over half already installed. We hope you can appreciate them on your next visit.

Kindest Regards,
Mountaineer Inn
802-253-7525

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Came back to Mountaineer Inn for the first time this season and the hot tub was broken again! I heard it was working the previous night and it was extremely cold this weekend, so maybe it's a one time thing this season (after having it renovated at the end of last season), but it was disappointing to visit 4 times in the last year without the hot tub working.

I otherwise love this hotel for the location, cozy and clean accommodations, and nice common/lounge areas. They also have a great breakfast in the morning. The new axolotyl fish tanks in the lobby/lounge area are cute :-)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends