1,627 results
All reviews guest house fitness center history tour outdoor center family history maria von trapp wiener schnitzel music fan cross country skiing the main dining room austrian style mountain biking rock climbing wall indoor pool views are spectacular sleigh ride grounds are beautiful
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I visit Trapp Family Lodge every year in August and it is the one location I look forward to every year. It is a combination of peacefulness, relaxation, but also plenty of activities on-site if you are a person on a go. The staff is so friendly and genuine. The food is fantastic. The accommodations are comfortable and have everything you need. I can't say enough about Trapps and recommend a visit at least one in your life-time.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2018

I was in one of the Austria Suites. I paid extra for a suite and I was very disappointed. The room has a jacuzzi tub but there wasn’t enough hot water to even fill 4 inches in the tub. Whynhave one of you can’t use it. The fireplace is real wood but there are no matches to light a fire. When I called for help it took so long that I cancelled the request. The TVs are very small—maybe 24 inches and the cabinet doors obstruct the view of the tv when you try to use it. The food is average and overpriced and the wait staff in the dining room seems bored. The waiter at breakfast didn’t ask if we wanted toast with breakfast (part of the meal) and we had to ask for it. You need to traverse two elevators to get to the suites. I have paid less and gotten more. The star of this place are the grounds — not the rooms.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank vagabond09
Reviewed 11 August 2018

the best place to escape for a weekend, nice place good foods, nice forest, should give more free sports activity to the guests. but an overall excellent place to be for a family and reunion. hope to see more facility for singing and dancing.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We stay at the Trapp Family Lodge several times a year (since 2006). The location is great in both summer and winter. Earlier visit in February was great. However this trip in August had two major issues. Our room was exquisite, with the patio door opening at ground level to the lawn near Maria’s grave and the Outdoor center. But during our three day stay we could not use that patio door as the roof was being replaced, creating a nasty construction area RIGHT OUTSIDE that door. The front desk did not even mention this major issue!! We should have been offered a different room or a discount. Second issue is very limited hot water during our stay. Couldn’t use the in room jacuzzi or even take a long shower.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018

We liked that they had daily activity schedules and that there were a variety of activities that allowed us to know more about the von Trapp family - exactly what we were hoping for and especially for my 9 year old niece who is a fan of The Sound of Music and appreciated the perspective of what actually happened in places where the movie veered from real life.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family