“Great takeout!”

Shanghai Garden
Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Whether you prefer seafood, chicken, beef, or vegetables, SHANGHAI GARDENS has a great selection of delicious dinners to choose from that will satisfy both your palate and hunger.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

There are few choices in Springfield so you are stuck. The food was poor, tasteless, and not worth the price. Sweet and sour chicken or combo is a pile of fried pieces served with a bowl of sweet and sour sauce that you dip the pieces in. Ah well, like I said, there are few choices.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Great restaurant for take out. The eat in service has only four booths but it's comfortable. Food came out quickly, was just the right temperature. You have to tell the wait staff how spicey you want your food, they will make it hot !!. It seems the food is more traditional than your average chinese restaurant. Most other similiar restaurants seem kind of homogenous and bland.We have also done take out, the portions are large and always ready in a short time.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

I went for dinner on a Sunday night. I was brought water, tea and chips very quickly by the only waitress working at the time. The tea was fresh but not hot enough for me, but the waitress was busy with many "to go" orders for me to ask for it to be hotter. I ordered the hot and sour soup, it too came quickly and was flavorful and full of good ingredients, but like the tea it could have been much hotter. My main course was the Szechuan Chicken. I was not asked for my preference of "hotness" and sure enough it was tepid both for spice level and overall temperature. The waitress never came by to ask "how thing were" and I did not complain as she was kept busy with the constant flow of "take out" orders.
The Szechuan Chicken was prepared differently than I am accustomed. It was like a "hash" consistency with small bits of carrots, celery, chicken, peanuts etc. It was o.k., but not the larger pieces of fresh vegetables and chicken that I have come to expect and enjoy with this dish.
I was disappointed at this is listed as the #3 restaurant in Springfield, hopefully if I get the chance #1 and #2 will live up to my expectation.

1  Thank Larry B
Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

We've been getting food for years and the quality is consistently great. They are quick for take out and the food is always hot.