“Great experience every time”

Windjammer Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Windjammer Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dorset
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Always reliable and great quality. I’m not sure why I don’t eat here more often. The quality and ambiance and great. The salad boat is great but so are the main dinners.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We had a table of 4. Each one took a different dish. I had a filet mignon which was OK but not great. Everyone was satisfied with their dinner. Not a bad place and the bar staff upstairs is very friendly. Worth going there for a dinner

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Five of us went for dinner on a weekend night when UVM had its homecoming. We managed to get a reservation at Windjammer in part because it is such a huge place. Burlington was very crowded. As the name suggests, seafood choices are plentiful and excellent. All entrees come with a very nice salad bar. We were in the regular part of the restaurant although there is also a bar area, where you can get bar food and/or anything from the restaurant.

We were all pleased with our choices. You may react positively or negatively to the portions served. They are absolutely huge. If you have a refrigerator nearby and can take some home, that is good. Otherwise, you have to have a hefty appetite to finish. More important is the quality, and we all decided that was excellent, as was the waitstaff. We had neither an appetizer or dessert.

The menu provides many choices, as does the wine list and the Vermont beers. I provide a photo for the latter.

I had breaded scrod. It was super delicious. You will enjoy this place. I should add that it is very popular. The noise level is not bad because there are subdivisions to make it seem like many smaller dining areas.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I didn't have super high expectations when I decided to go to this restaurant...but it was walking distance from my hotel and was still serving dinner at the relatively late hour I arrived. It's your typical nautical-themed steak and seafood restaurant...lots of pictures of ships and other sailing-related decor. I was pleasantly surprised...had a really great meal and the service was outstanding. I highly recommend the baked scallops...jumbo scallops with shallots and mushrooms baked with gruyere cheese. So yummy. I'd go back if I am ever in Burlington again.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Nice atmosphere, great service and food. Very affordable, too! This is a nice place to come with friends or family. The portions are quite generous for the prices and you can add the salad bar to your meal for about 5.00 more. We all had fish entrees and enjoyed them very much.