All reviews fire pit hawthorn suites beer and wine large fireplace full kitchen free dinner living room healthy living monday to thursday downtown burlington oatmeal dorset street suite hotel light dinner breakfast and dinner hot tub sitting area
Reviewed 24 November 2015

For the first time in nearly a year my wife and I were able to get away for what we were hoping to be a relaxing, kid-free weekend! The ratings on tripadvisor were very good so we decided on the Green Mountain Suites.

We had a regular king suite with a view of the main road. We could hardly hear any noise from the road, so not a big deal. Our room was also close to the main lobby area and pool which is nice. The suite has a living room area, kitchen area (everything but an oven), bathroom and separate bedroom. It was middle of the road quality but seemed to be clean. The fridge was very loud but we were able to shut the bedroom door and couldn't hear it at night.

Breakfast is on the better side of what you are going to get in the lobby of any hotel. Eggs, pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, etc. I wouldn't say it's the best food you are ever going to eat but for free it is more than adequate.

Now for the bad part:
On Saturday morning we showered, got ready, ate breakfast and left around 11am to head into downtown Burlington. We returned around 4-5pm. We decided to go out to dinner and changed into clothes that were a little bit nicer. After I got dressed I went to spray some of my cologne and it was no where to be found. My wife thought I was losing my marbles until she realized that her perfume was also missing. We both know with 100% certainty that we used it after getting dressed that morning. My wife left her perfume on the bathroom sink and I put mine back away in out toiletries bag. You could still smell it on the clothes we wore that morning and I’ll repeat, we know with 100% certainty that it was in those exact spots when we left for lunch, it didn’t turn up in any bags when we got home and it didn’t magically show up in the room somewhere else.

When we realized that it was missing, we immediately informed the front desk. The manager used a machine to see that the only person who entered the room was the housekeeper at 2:30pm. He said he would contact the housekeeper and the person in charge of housekeeping to see if the items turned up or if anyone remembered seeing them. Surprisingly the housekeeper remembered nothing about seeing perfume or cologne in the room. He said he would look up the retail values and provide use with a credit. We were given $100 credit for the missing Acqua Di Gio and VS Bombshell. It was nice that a credit was provided but it really put a huge damper on our weekend away. Basically we were told that there was no proof that anything was stolen or who stole it, so there wasn’t much more that could be done. I wonder if the same person cleaned my room the day we checked out.

Knowing that someone went through our toiletries bag and was touching things that we use on our bodies and when we shower, brush our teeth etc. is a huge invasion of our privacy. We do not know what the intentions of the person was who stole our items was, so we threw away toothbrushes, soaps, etc. that were open. I rather be safe then have to think about who's hand were on and where my toothbrush ended up during the time of the theft. It also delayed us going out to dinner, made us sleep horrible thinking about it and took up hours of our time. Not what we were hoping for when going away for a stress free weekend.

Unfortunately I can’t provide anymore than a 1 star review because of the theft, but hopefully something can be done at the hotel to prevent this from happening again in the future. Looks like we will be trying somewhere and hoping for better luck next time we go away to Burlington.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Trav3l3r77
Christopher S, General Manager at Green Mountain Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2015

Greetings from the Green Mountain Suites Hotel. I would first like to thank you for taking your valuable time to leave a review for the hotel. I have reached out to you regarding your missing perfume/cologne as we were interested to know if your missing items may have turned up. We take our guest's security very seriously at the Green Mountain Suites Hotel and were extremely surprised to hear of the missing items. We have not had an instance of missing items in a guest room in many years as we hold all hotel associates accountable and have a zero tolerance policy in regards to theft. In the very few cases where items have gone missing, the guest has called to tell us that the items were found once they returned home.

In any case, we are truly very sorry that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations and we hope the next time you are in the greater Burlington area, that you will once again give us the opportunity to serve you and your family.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

After staying at over a dozen hotels in the Burlington area over the years we decided to check out this hotel, having driven past it often...what a lovely surprise!! At the front desk, Christina was exceptional - she warmly and patiently answered our questions, and described in detail the many unique characteristics and features of this property, including a "hidden" courtyard - which we found very cozy, cute and inviting. We chose to stay in a suite with a view of the courtyard, which also afforded us a very, very quiet room since the courtyard is completely surrounded by the hotel.

The suite was very ample and excellent. It consisted of a bedroom with two double beds in excellent condition, with two sets of comforters on each bed. All bedding was spotless and in excellent condition, as was the furniture. The living room had a sleeper couch that was comfortable, but will need to be changed within a couple of years as the seat cushions were beginning to remained compacted somewhat. The remaining furniture was in excellent condition. The dining/work desk area (with a fully equipped kitchen) was roomy enough and everything in perfect cosmetic and operational condition. Both flat screen TVs worked fully and properly. The only "hiccup" was that the a/c - which worked perfectly over a very chilly night in mid-November - was a tad noisy especially on startup of the heating cycle (I would say noise level 6 on a scale of 1 to 10). We have had much noisier systems elsewhere (where we were forced to shut it down overnight).

The morning breakfast was very flavourful, good quantity and choices - including ample fresh fruit. The morning meal was very relaxing, we never felt rushed (either to get food or to make room for others), as quantities and space was more than ample.

The (Tuesday) evening also included a 5 to 7 "dinner" which was surprisingly good. Each weekday evening offers a different (pre-determined, limited) menu with several side dishes and fresh salads and several home-made (and excellent !!) salad dressings - the evening we stayed, the offer was 2 kinds of wings, spicey and BBQ. Both were very good, and the wings themselves were good-sized and well prepared. The evening "5 to 7" includes an open bar, with a nice selection of spirits and wines and beers. My wife and I each enjoyed two glasses of a Chardonnay white wine and a lite, draft beer, respectively :-)

Overall, a wonderful property, the staff were very friendly and helpful (especially check-in staffer Christina, as mentioned at the beginning), and the experience will DEFINITELY bring us back to this hotel, and we look forward to going !!

Room tip: Ask for a courtyard view (extra $$) for an incredibly quite night....
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2015

We stayed one night and were delighted with the accommodations. The king suite with a fire place was extremely spacious with a well equipped kitchen for an extended stay. Wonderful sitting area by the fire place, comfortable bed, and clean bathroom facilities. We loved the pool and hot tub and the full hot breakfast was great. It is within walking distance to restaurants and stores; a little more than 1/2 a mile or so. Will definitely return.

Room tip: Rooms away from the front of the building would be quieter I think.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Tour room was clean and beautiful and the lobby and other areas were great. The room wasn't quite as big as it looked in the photos but that was okay. But there were some things that keep me from giving it a five star rating.

1. Parking. I was alone with my son and we had to park across the street in a lot that was surrounded by "woods". We went it to our car to go to dinner and it was dark and creepy feeling out there and all of a sudden two men came walking from the far end of the parking lot towards us. They were sketchy looking. We were super scared and hurried to our car and drove away - hearts pounding!!! After that we parked next door in the parking lot. If they had grabbed us no one would have heard or seen us. Terrible parking lot!!!!!!!!!!
2. The girl at the front desk was anything BUT friendly when we checked in. Not a great way to begin your stay. Everyone after that was friendly though.
3. The couch bed is absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! My poor son slept on it. He was there to interview for medical school and needed a good nights rest after flying all day. He had to sleep on this horrible bed and was super tired for his interview!

Other than these things, breakfast was delicious and our room was really clean and we had a nice stay. It could be a fantastic hotel if they could fix these few items.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Christopher S, General Manager at Green Mountain Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

Greetings from your friends at the Green Mountain Suites Hotel. Thank you so much for your kind words and for bringing the other issues to our attention. On the issue you expressed regarding the parking lot, we are truly sorry that you did not feel safe. Since it is a long lot we had cameras installed recently which we have found help our guests feel safe. We have never had any issues with vagrants in that lot but we felt it best to safe. In regards to the sleeper sofas, we have received complaints over the past several months and have decided to replace all sleeper sofas with a state-of-the-art comfort system. I personally visited the manufacturer at a hotel show in NYC last week for this purpose.

Above all else, our guest's safety and comfort are top priority at the Green Mountain Suites Hotel.We are very proud to be recognized as the #1 Hotel in South Burlington by tripadvisor.com and valued guests like you that take the time to leave us such wonderful reviews. We hope the next time your travels bring you to the greater Burlington area, you will once again give us the opportunity to serve you and your family

Thank you for being a valued guest. Take care and hope to see you soon.

Christopher M. Scott
Green Mountain Suites Hotel

Reviewed 5 November 2015

We chose a king suite which was a very room, The staff is nice. The hotel is dog friendly and greeted our dog as well as us. Good complimentary breakfast and early dinner included. Dinner includes complimentary wine and beer .

• Trip type: Travelled on business