Now that I've noted that this "suites" type hotel is perfect for families (that is, parents with kids), I will offer that my husband and I stayed two nights here and we were without children. Still, whether with a brood or not, the suite arrangement offers a spacious place to stay. The rooms are really two rooms, as you might expect, with a living/dining/kitchen room where there's a couch that can be pulled out as a bed, and a bedroom that you can close off. Access to the bathroom, which has two doors, is through either room. The kitchen would be a pleasure to use--fully equipped, with a table and chairs. Frankly, the main use of the kitchen for most guests seems to be the freezer, where people stash their Ben and Jerry's ice cream before devouring it. (Honestly!)
The location is at the quiet end of a strip and is a short, easy drive from the center of Burlington, where the restaurants and university are the main attractions. Perhaps the most subtle point I can make about Green Mountain is that it's tastefully decorated--from the lobby to the halls to the rooms. The lobby has a rustic, ski-lodge appearance, with a large stone fireplace and hickory-framed furniture. Even the artwork is above average for this sort of place--mainly photographs from the region.
The staff is terrific. When we arrived and got settled in our room, we found that a light bulb was out, and so I called the front desk. Within minutes, someone came to change the bulb. Then the person at the front desk called to make sure everything was fine. Through our entire stay, the staff was outstanding.
Finally, the price includes a breakfast, which we enjoyed. It's buffet-style, but with staff attending. There were two types of freshly cooked eggs, including eggs with feta and spinach, waffles with REAL maple syrup (amazing!), along with bread, cereal and fruit.
We didn't use the pool, but it was clean and pleasant. There also was an exercise room.
All in all, we thought the Green Mountain Suites offered a lot and would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the charm of a Boutique Vermont Country Inn The Green Mountain Suites Hotel has been recognized by savvy travelers from all corners of the globe for award winning service, premium amenities and impeccable accommodations. As the only independent all-suite Hotel in the Burlington area, we are proud to offer our guests a truly genuine Vermont experience that is second to none. Each finely appointed one- and two-bedroom suite features a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living room and separate bedroom(s). Our Fireplace and Jacuzzi suites are popular with guests looking for something a little more special during their stay with us. Each morning, wake up to our Fireside Breakfast, where you'll find delicious omelets, maple sausage, bacon, pancakes, and healthy options including a yogurt bar, fresh fruit, oatmeal, and much more. Each weeknight, wind down after a long day at our popular Fireside Reception, with a selection of domestic and local craft beers and wines, paired with a delicious meal. Other featured amenities include WIFI, Exercise Facility, Fire Pit & Barbeque Courtyard and indoor Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi. All of these premium amenities and services are included for no additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Green Mountain Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel South Burlington
- Hawthorn Suites South Burlington
- Green Mountain South Burlington